As a Senior Software Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for developing sophisticated systems and software basis the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment creating software solutions.
- Design and lead the effort on automation, CI/CD processes and tools to make our services simpler and more robust
- Mentor team members in design collaboration, code reviews, development tools and processes
- Take part in the full software development life cycle including development, test, continuous delivery and support
- Be an active member of an agile team, collaboratively realizing features through development, test and delivery
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Proven leadership of high-performing engineering/development teams
- Proven experience developing highly-performing, multi-processor/core, complex system software
- Excellent verbal and writing skills as required for specification authoring
- Proven experience with Agile (e.g. Product Owner), Test Driven Development, and Object Oriented Design and Development
- Highly motivated, with ability to ramp up quickly on SW/HW architectures
- Fluency in C and/or C++ programming
- Software development experience on Linux
- Practical experience with operating system internals, device drivers, and performance-analysis
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with solid experience writing specifications
- Ability to lead and motivate a development team
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field
- Experience with Enterprise Storage, Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience with storage technologies
- Proven experience with large system architecture
- Ability to work and build consensus with other senior architects
- Ability to lead and motivate a development workgroup
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.