The appropriate individual will have 2+ years of experience in the implementation and operation of a commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS), Electronic Laboratory Notebook, LIMS and/or Nugenesis installation in a corporate infrastructure.
- Plans and executes application build, software deployment and implementation for commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS), Electronic Laboratory Notebook, LIMS or Nugenesis via JIRA
- Software project management – develop a schedule and manage the technical components of the project in accordance with design and build, technical partners and vendors
- Technical analysis – learn, understand, and document all technical aspects of the project in accordance with GxP Validation requirements and other lab-specific requirements
- Configuration specialist – configure commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS), Electronic Laboratory Notebook, LIMS and/or Nugenesis pre-built components and develop custom (where necessary) to meet business requirements as defined by the project
- Generate documentation in accordance with corporate and GxP SDLC practices for all technical related aspects of the implementation including but not limited to Risk Assessments, Technical Design Specification, Functional Specification, User Requirements, Traceability Matrix, System Test Plans, Backup and Disaster Recovery Plans
- Work with the Business Analyst to develop training materials for application use, and in lab workflows
- Administer and troubleshoot research applications via ServiceNow service management tool.
- Write change controls as required per implementation of system products.
- Sets work expectations with customers and delivers against them
- Possess excellent customer consulting, written and communication skills
- Extensive, detailed knowledge of software build and deployment in a matrixed, shared services environment, as well as development life cycles
- Knowledge/education in the Life Sciences is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant degree or work experience
- Experience with Electronic Lab Notebooks, LIMS and/or Nugenesis installation and operation
- Experience with service and project management tools (i.e. ServiceNow and Jira).
- Project Management experience
- Functional knowledge of working in a GxP environment
- Strong MS Office skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems.
- Ability to drive, and work well in teams
- Up to 25%, as needed
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.