Sr. Customer Support Engineer
Installation, Maintenance & Repair.
Install, maintain, verify performance and repair PerkinElmer equipment at customer sites ensuring best-in-class service within established time frame and assigned geographical area or site. Drive toward zero service recalls. Completes assigned preventive maintenance calls at customer sites within prescribed time frame and established performance standards. Provide scheduled preventative maintenance for contract customers, remedial maintenance for non-contract customers billed at an hourly rate and all warranty services, which apply to our products in the field. Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to the Installation, warranty, and service contract provisions to provide adequate billing information to the customer.
Grow the business whenever and wherever possible. Drive the sale of new maintenance contracts, maintenance agreement upgrades and instrument add-ons to existing contracts.
Encourage customers to purchase training, support, software and field installed computer hardware upgrades. Assist and support local sales representative secure new instrument orders.
Contribute to account profitability through billable labor/travel orders, parts orders, support orders, billable install orders, and consumables.
Provide appropriate referral to other employees for answers to specific questions or to obtain product information.
Maintain up to date electronic and repair documentation for dispatch, inventory and service support functions of the job.
Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of the service system.
Accountable for assigned company assets to include: Company vehicle, tools, test equipment, telecommunication equipment, personal service parts inventory, etc. Manages inventory levels to ensure that adequate supply and appropriate records are maintained.
Continuous Self Development.
Take an active role in developing technical skills and soft skills to maintain and enhance PerkinElmer’s value proposition to the customer. Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development initiatives
PerkinElmer’s purpose is to enable scientists, researchers, and clinicians to address their most critical challenges across science and healthcare. With a mission focused on innovating for a healthier world, we deliver unique solutions to serve the diagnostics, life sciences, food and environmental markets. Every day, PerkinElmer Service Engineers help their customers enhance the productivity of their laboratory processes and drive high levels of satisfaction by delivering effective customer support. As a Service Team Member, you will represent the face of PerkinElmer and drive best-in-class customer service, responsiveness, and professionalism.
Must have the ability to travel by air, vehicle and/or other means of transportation as business requires. Travel will vary depending on territory requirements and/or customer base.
Also, you must have a valid driver’s license. While performing the duties of this position you must always maintain safe motor vehicle operation
Enhance the Customer Experience
- Install, maintain, validate and repair PerkinElmer and/or multi vendor instrumentation at customer sites with best-in-class service
- Provide scheduled and unscheduled corrective maintenance for customers including warranty services within a prescribed time frame and established maintenance protocols
- Deliver customer familiarization for instrument operation and maintenance
- Communicate service offerings including training, support, software, laboratory services products and field upgrades
- Partner with our customers to understand their analytical workflow and applications
Support your Team
- Support the local instrument sales representative(s) to help secure new instrument orders
- Provide service that helps to drive the sale of new service agreements, service agreement upgrades and instrument add-ons to existing service contracts
- Display exceptional written and verbal communication skills and actively interface with peers and customers
- Develop organizational awareness of other functional groups and product lines
Drive Organizational Growth
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to the installation, warranty, and service agreement documentation standards
- Contribute to account profitability through efficient execution and service delivery
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required service data to ensure the integrity of service system(s)
- Maintain assigned assets including: Company vehicle, tools, test equipment (MTE), telecommunication equipment, assigned service parts inventory, etc.
- Proactively develop technical and soft skills to maintain and enhance PerkinElmer’s value proposition to the customer
- Enhance PerkinElmer’s product quality by proactively reporting improvement opportunities via the quality notification process
- Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development offerings
- Complete all administrative tasks to include but not limited to time reporting, assigned training, etc.
- Associate degree in Applied Science, Biology, Chemistry, Electronics, Mathematics, Engineering, or related military experience.
- 5 plus years with demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, repair, and provide qualification services on instrumentation in a laboratory setting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience using Microsoft 365
- 2+ years of laboratory and/or field service experience
- Exposure to analytical equipment, laboratory environment, and/or instrument control software
- Vendor issued certification on relevant laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customer’s site safety code
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong team player with customer satisfaction focus
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals, work under time constraints, maintain alertness and concentration, work safely with potential electrical, chemical, radiologic, and biologic hazards using universal precautions
- Ability to operate personal computer to enter data and generate reports, ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, managers, customers, and other technical support professionals is critical to successful performance in this role
- The physical demands defined are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: The employee will regularly be required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.