At PerkinElmer, the HR Shared Services team serves as frontline HR support for U.S. employees and managers, responsible for a variety of administrative HR support activities, providing guidance on HR programs/policies/systems, and engaging employees with a high level of care and confidentiality as trusted solutions providers.
The Sr. HR Advisor provides expertise, guidance, and leadership within the HR Shared Services team; helping to develop HR Advisors, improve HR service delivery approach and methods, and manage/support team projects and activities in coordination with the Manager of HR Business Operations.
In addition to requiring a fundamental understanding of human resources and how it interacts with the broader organization, this role requires a high degree of analytical thinking, problem solving, emotional intelligence, organization, communication, technical aptitudes, and independent drive to succeed.
- Design, develop, and maintain the HR employee portal (content includes HR SOPs, policies, learning materials, announcements, etc.); ensuring global employees have easy access to the most up-to-date material relevant to them. Portal management requires a high level of organization, and collaboration with global peers and HR operations leaders.
- Manage relevant projects of low to mid-level complexity as assigned by manager and participate in projects of low to high-level complexity as assigned by manager.
- Train, develop, and provide guidance to new and tenured HR Advisors in ongoing efforts to increase team knowledge and capability.
- Using expertise of HR and PKI policies, programs, and systems – act as point of escalation to HR Advisors and HR Business Partners in identifying root causes and providing appropriate solutions.
- Provide frontline and mid-level HR system support to users who need help with Workday HCM and Ceridian Dayforce (payroll) systems. Identify and action issues and inquiries up to an intermediate expertise level and escalate those requiring enhanced expertise
- Responsible for ensuring tasks related to HR audits, employee records, and HR processes are both relevant and actioned effectively as a team.
- Conduct system testing and participate in process implementation or improvement activities as assigned by manager. Identify and notify manager of any areas of opportunity for improvement, as needed.
- Identify creative solutions for improving the employee experience and provide leadership and/or support in the operationalization of those solutions as appropriate.
- Communicate effectively all relevant information to employees, managers, and HR through multiple channels (in-person, phone, email, instant messenger, etc.)
- Assist in the completion of general HR Shared Services duties/activities during times of low staffing or high volume to ensure the team can meet service expectations.
- In the absence of the Manager of HR Business Operations, serve as the team lead in decision making processes.
- Any and all other assignments as provided by your manager.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years experience in HR
- 2 years’ experience with Microsoft Office products
- High levels of emotional intelligence with a customer service approach to supporting and communicating with a geographically and culturally diverse global workforce.
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally, is a requirement.
- Ability to train and develop others, in addition to a drive for personal development.
- Ability to independently review multiple aspects of a presented situation and thoughtfully consider a combination of known factors in order to identify appropriate actions and resolutions.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to independently achieve goals and complete tasks with minimal supervision. The ability to manage multiple priorities independently and deal with fluctuating levels of demand is also required.
- High aptitude for learning new systems, with an independent drive to grow systems knowledge over time.
- Effective at working both independently and as part of a collaborative team with a diverse set of expertise and interests.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, handle situations with appropriate care and compassion, and provide accurate and valuable solutions.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.