As a Senior Manager of Demand Planning, you will be responsible for connecting a wide range of senior stakeholders to translate strategy into action and problem-solving. You will work with Sales and Marketing, Operations and others to understand how customer demand, product launches and marketing strategy will influence demand. You will forecast this effect on supply, so our Supply Planning team can secure the materials and operations necessary to deliver on our commitments. You will gain visibility across the business and develop a credible understanding of other functions including Sales and Marketing, Operations and Procurement.
In this role, you will work with highly collaborative team members to continuously innovate. You will use internally developed advanced analytics and AI forecasting technology to develop your supply chain planning recommendations. The Supply Chain function is focused on developing talent and will invest in team members who have a solid finance or business foundation. From this role, team members have completed leadership rotations to gain experience mentoring and developing others, advanced into senior roles in Planning and moved laterally into roles in Sales and Marketing, Operations and Procurement.
- Provide leadership to 8-10 global supply chain planners and digital transformation project managers.
- Leverage business management system and Sales and Operations Planning to provide early warning to major demand & supply disruptions – responsible for working with the direct team to bring critical detail, position alternatives for decision making and enable optimal outcomes for the business
- Formulate material allocation strategies that optimize customer and business outcomes, aligning with BU Presidents to ensure alignment in execution
- Manage sustainable and robust executive reporting on a weekly basis for team deliverables. Inspire team to digitize in all areas possible. Manage strong and influential relationships with key cross functional partners in procurement, product group, sales, marketing, finance leaders in the scope of commodity owned.
- Serve as a thought leader and change agent supporting our Supply Chain Digital Transformation journey associated to global planning. Develop, retain and attract scalable and diverse talent into the organization.
- Coach and develop team members
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 10+ years relevant supply chain (demand/supply), commodity procurement, operations experience or equivalent combination of education and aligned work experience. 5+ years leadership experience or equivalent development of people experience.
- Strong team player with the ability to effectively inspire and lead across the organization, with regional and global teams
- Skillful in developing and implementing clear and consistent processes, models and tools for a team. Strong sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated success on business process improvement, working with teams globally, demonstrated growth mindset and resilience when dealing with adversity
- Knowledge of planning process, forecasting, reporting, analysis and market trends. Demonstrated communication (written & verbal), business and financial acumen-based skills.
- Master degree and/or MBA in any discipline (Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related field) are preferred.
- Experience in the Tech industry or with market commodities/supply. Experience in Multinational Organizations, lead business transformations.
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.