Sr. Manager IT ECommerce is a key role in designing and delivering eCommerce solutions. The successful candidate will have strong business relationship skills, broad experience across different areas of IT eCommerce including sound knowledge of integrating eCommerce systems to various 3rd party systems like ERP, CMS, Order Management system, Marketing etc. and be able to communicate with all levels of the organization. They will research gaps in functionality, gather requirements of users, design and deliver solutions. This position is remote-based, preferably in the East Coast and Central Time zones.
- Solid experience in architecture/design and implementation of high performing and highly scalable websites/applications
- Extensive experience in Java/C#, Spring Boot or ASP.NET MVC framework, and solid experience in design patterns, unit testing etc.
- Knowledge of working with cloud solutions like AWS/Azure/GCP
- Follow all security practices and identify areas and processes where performance and scalability can be improved. Make and justify recommendations for improvement.
- Manage hiring, perform regular performance reviews, provide coaching as required to allow team to grow
- Work collaboratively with business stake holders and internal team members to develop efficient solutions
- Excellent project management skills, Jira project management
- Act as a key point of contact between the business functions and IT.
- Work with users at all levels of the organization to analyze and translate business requirements.
- Be able to work with distributed teams globally and able to support teams in a production support.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Translate high-level information into details as well as summarize detailed information
- Communicate and collaborate with users to analyze information needs and functional requirements
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Experience with Agile solution development
- Liaise between the business, technology teams and support teams
- Participate in Service Desk function to resolve user related support calls
- Prepare and execute test plans, communication and training to end users for new functionality
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree
- 6 – 10 years of work experience with eCommerce solutions
- 10+ years’ experience of software development
- Experience with eCommerce search engines
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/related subject or equivalent work experience
- 6 – 10 years of work experience with eCommerce solutions like Oracle ATG, Salesforce, SAP Hybris
- Experience with eCommerce search engines like Endeca, Solr, elastic search
- Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams
- Experience building and operating distributed systems
- Experience delivering performance optimization features
- Experience with database both SQL/NoSQL
- Experience working with middlewares like Mulesoft, Boomi, Webmethods
- Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Able to assume and complete assignments independently
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Understanding of project management lifecycle, including Agile methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Strong attention to detail
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.