- Waltham, MA
- New York, NY
We are looking for a highly qualified and well-organized Sr. Sales Manager to join our clients’ team. The Sales Manager will lead a small regional team in our Enterprise Service Sales organization and have responsibility for meeting or exceeding all assigned commercial KPIs. This role will also review processes to recommend and implement changes in order to increase revenue and profitability. The ideal candidate will be able to lead a team and evaluate operations to develop and advise deal structures and data required for customer face to face meetings. The Sr. Manager will also research and compare multiple avenues of workflows, assist on all department analysis, and conduct internal audits on global agreements.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for managing a small regional team and will be required to communicate with the team leads on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for driving profitable growth for assigned regional territory and accounts
- Development, coaching and mentoring of direct reports
- Analyze data of in-place procedures to find ways to improve revenue and profitability performance
- Evaluate commercial procedures and processes and identify deficiencies and areas for improvement and redesign
- Apply statistical analysis, simulations, and predictive modeling to analyze current program performance
- Recommend strategies and develop new commercial revenue streams.
- Implement policies and protocols required to drive the right level of YOY growth. Work closely with the program management team around pricing solution and procedures.
- Research market and industry trends and patterns. Leverage information from PKI marketing and translate into actionable training materials for the regional field team.
- Perform sales analysis for all global accounts and key accounts.
- Prepare detailed reports for customer facing meetings, such has annual global sales that would include Instrumentation sales, Informatics and Service.
- Compare current sales policies with industry standards and best practices
- Conduct investigative internal audits and create reports of findings against existing global customer agreements
- Authorization to work in the US for any employer without requiring further sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, operations, or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 10 years’ experience in managing a field based commercial organization with a history of exceeding commercial targets
- Experience selling services into both research and GMP environments
- Proven history of building successful commercial teams
- Able to analyze large, complex data sets using a variety of software and tools
- Willingness to travel up to 60%
- Comfortable with database administration skills and resources
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player ability to manage a regional team.
- Able to analyze data and statistics and translate results into better solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of SFDC, BI (SAP) and Spotfire is a plus.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interaction with all levels of management
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.