Sr Manager, Talent Management for the Americas Region REMOTE
Sr Manager, Talent Management for the Americas Region
Reporting to the Sr Director, Capability Development and Talent Management, this role is to design and implement a future-proof talent strategy enabling the versatile and complex Americas business organization to meet and excel its strategic objectives. The focus areas include leading all programs and initiatives around talent and performance management, capability development and learning programs.
Serve as the regional leader of global programs by:
- Partnering with global COE team members, providing thought leadership to positively influence the continuous improvement of talent management programs, including strategic workforce planning, talent review, leadership assessment and development, change and performance management, team effectiveness, coaching, mentoring, and overall career development.
- Promoting, communicating, and facilitating performance management, talent reviews and other evidence-based talent assessments throughout the Americas region as a continuous reflective practice and key source for all talent related decisions
- Supporting the integration and global implementation of key behavioral learning initiatives that close critical organizational capability gaps, and support the development of leaders
Serve as the regional leader of region-specific needs by:
- Anticipating the organization’s future and work with regional business and HR leaders to advise on talent approaches that will help sustain the regional business success
- Articulating required regional capabilities and either designing regionally relevant programs or request global COE delivery
- Identifying regional organization needs and work to create and implement an efficient talent management and learning strategy to positively impact business performance
- Continuously assessing and evaluating talent, identifying solutions for capability gaps and keeping the best pulse on how to prioritize developmental investments and align them with strategic business needs
- Coaching and attentively facilitating development of key regional talents
- Developing and implementing regional employee strategies to retain our top talent
- Providing strategic and operational oversight to regional transformation and change initiatives
- Leverage global feedback and career development tools, programs and technologies to help Americas employees navigate their career path and build a network of mentors
- Developing and delivering of training events and communications for various organizational audiences to facilitate the strategic talent agenda
- Facilitating regional HR Effectiveness; designing and implementing HR development programs
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8 plus years experience leading talent management programs within a global organization.
- Minimum of 5+ years specific experience with implementing talent planning and leadership development solutions. Must include designing and implementing enterprise-wide talent solutions inclusive of talent identification frameworks, succession planning, and high-potential development.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- In-depth understanding of progressive talent management philosophies, best practices, and industry trends
- A proven track record of implementing fit-for-purpose talent management processes, programs, and practices
- High degree of interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Must be able to collaborate with and consult with a wide range of people across the business
- Self-managing individual, capable of working autonomous
- A proven track record of continuous process improvement; positive leadership; strong planning, collaboration, teamwork skills; and connecting solutions to business outcomes
- Conducting needs analysis, leading current/future state road mapping and strategy development
- Working in a growing, continually changing, and matrixed environment
- Organization Development expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Qualitative and Quantitative data techniques to show ROI of interventions
- Approaches challenges and problem solving with a global and inclusive mindset
- Effectively managing change and shifting gears comfortably; highly effective in ambiguous environments and able to produce maximum results with little direction and guidance
- Communicating effectively and working collaboratively across mediums and with diverse audiences, with emphasis on senior-level audiences
- Anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management, anticipating and making trade-offs, and balancing competing constraints
- Relationship builder who can influence across all levels, functions and cultures
- Client-service oriented with strong critical thinking, communication, and conflict resolution skills
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.