The Sr. Project Manager, Global Commercial Technologies plays a pivotal role in projects answering PerkinElmer’s ambition to organize and align its commercial technologies for the future. This role will work closely with commercial leaders, IT and key stakeholders to gather requirements, design solutions and implement them globally across the organization.
The successful candidate must have experience driving technology implementation and be able to design business workflows in accordance with leadership vision and best practices. This leader will evaluate new technology and function requests, make recommendations, drive commercial initiatives, and ensure governance standards are adhered to. This role requires a balance between participating in solution design and being the driving force required during implementation.
This is a remote role working with colleagues globally which can be located in any country with a PerkinElmer legal entity.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for new technology requests
- In coordination with the business stakeholders and IT, maps current and future state business workflows for new technologies.
- Provides global solutions for IT and business management on applying technology to business opportunities, planning, and implementation of cross-functional applications.
- Initiates, owns, and drives the identification, evaluation and direction of solutions that are cost effective and meet business requirements.
- Serves as the central point of contact for business demand management, technology expenditures, internal stakeholder feedback & relationship management and the overall user experience with the commercial organization.
- Manages the analysis & elicitation of business requirements, and the transformation of requirements into functional/non-functional requirements.
- Provide business requirements to IT.
- Assists in project prioritization.
- Determine business UAT testing guidelines for newly implemented technologies
- Work with business functions and IT to ensure project sustainability and support post implementation
- Lead the annual AOP process for new commercial project requests
- Bachelor’s degree educated
- 4 years of experience successfully creating structure and implementing processes for cross-functional teams
- 4 years of experience in project management
- Project management qualification desirable but not required
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Highest personal and professional integrity and strong work ethics
- Ability to articulate vision of transformation efforts and a sense of mission
- Willingness to take charge and provide direction
- Results orientation, willingness to commit to a direction and drive operations to completion
- Demonstrated ability to manage adversity and challenging situations
- Ability to manage senior relationships across all the Business and Functional areas
- Ability to develop cooperative and constructive working relationships
- Ability to handle complaints, settle disputes and resolve conflicts and negotiate with others
- Collaborative team player orientation towards work relationships, strong culture awareness
- Effectiveness in building trust, respect, and cooperation among teams
Project Oversight and Decisioning
- Highly developed skills in priority setting and alignment of project priorities with commercial strategy
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals
- Ability to get to the heart of the problem and make sound and timely decisions to resolve problems
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.