We are seeking an experienced Project Manager with demonstrated success in representing sourcing, manufacturing, technical operations and logistics (summarily called Operations) within large scale cost reduction program core teams . This role will be the Operations point-of-contact for all cost reduction project/transfer-to-manufacturing needs; drive Operations and R&D team members to meet milestones; and provide weekly status, progress and risk updates to the core team and Program Manager. This role combines deep experience with Operations and R&D to ensure that product and its components and parts are effectively cost reduced. In this key role, the Project Manager is a bridge between design teams and Operations teams.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Works with senior leaders frequently and interfaces with management and technical leaders to solve complex, high cost, high impact, high visibility problems
- Manages projects/programs and assignments of significant scope/impact requiring collaboration and contact within and across functions and/or locations; works at all levels of the organization both within and outside PKI
- Accountability for full-scope of cost reduction projects
- Coordinating DFx (Design for Manufacturing, Cost & Service) activities to achieve 100% of manufacturing and operational metrics
- Facilitating identification of new suppliers and processes needed for the product
- Driving on-going manufacturing product cost analysis in support of product cost targets
- Working with Engineering, Sourcing, Materials and Quality to identify and qualify robust suppliers – cost, lead time, quality and reliability
- Working with manufacturing, R&D and Quality to ensure all change activities [ECN, (Engineering Change Notices) variances, deviations] are implemented timely and accurately
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10-12 years’ experience in an operations/manufacturing environment with hands-on manufacturing experience
- Masters degree
- 7 years’ experience in an operations/manufacturing environment with hands-on manufacturing experience
- PMP Certification
- Experience with on-shore and off-shore low volume/high mix Operations
- Experience managing Operations or Manufacturing New Product Introduction projects
- Strong business acumen; ability to understand and interpret financial summaries, supply chain, cost structure and cost reduction strategies for products
- Understand engineering documentation and the product development cycle
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time
- Hands on-manufacturing experience in low volume/high mix environment
- Experience with analytical laboratory instruments
- Experience in domestic and world-wide regulation of medical and In-vitro device manufacturing
- A team player with high energy level, able to get things done by working with and through others
- Ability to establish trust and confidence with customers, employees, peers and executives while driving for results
Physical Requirements & Expectations:
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.