As a Senior Scientist, you will have an opportunity to provide hands-on support in a laboratory and pilot plant for the production of R&D clinical supplies in GSK’s portfolio.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Environmental monitoring of the facility and operations personnel.
- Routine bioburden testing on raw materials and finished product, e.g., microbial enumeration, sterility testing, selected species testing
- Bacterial endotoxin testing on pharmaceutical water system samples, raw materials and finished products
- Identifications of microbial isolates
- Oversee and develop improvements in training for sterility assurance of operators (aseptic practices, gowning)
- Interfaces with intra- and inter-departmental contacts to convey sterility assurance aspects of manufacturing
- Recognize, communicate and lead investigation of aberrant microbiological test results or trends
- Write microbiological methods and SOPs regarding sterility assurance where required
- Investigate new technology in microbiological testing
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Biology, Immunology, Biotechnology or related majors
- Recent experience in aspects of sterility assurance including gowning and investigations
- Demonstrates good communication skills
- Has ability to work effectively with a team and able to work independently
- Has knowledge of cGMP requirements and ability to generate high quality data
- Has some computer application experience (i.e., database use and management)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master’s degree in Microbiology, Biology, Immunology, Biotechnology or related majors
- At least 3 years practical laboratory experience
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.