The Lead is responsible for supplier identification, qualification, contract negotiations and supplier relationship management providing visibility and accessibility to supplier performance, metrics, KPI’s tools and processes. The candidate is accountable for measuring and monitoring the team’s work as it relates to escalation of systemic or egregious supplier issues. The successful candidate will also work with business analysts to develop metrics with the objective of facilitating data-driven decisions across internal Procurement activities and externally for the key account.
- Degree in Sourcing, Business or equivalent
- 7+ years of procurement experience
- Established relationships with OEM’s and third party service providers
- A proven record of strong negotiation skills and buying strategies culminating in positive financial results
- Thorough knowledge of developing, deploying and awarding service contracts (RFP’s)
- Deep understanding of supplier relationship management and best practices
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead a team and work independently
- Project Management
- Excellent communication (oral/written), presentation and influencing skills
- Exceptional critical thinking/ analytical and problem-solving skills
- Track record of leadership and experience working in a matrixed environment – demonstrated ability to drive change within a cross-functional team
- Financial acumen including the ability to analyze financial data
- Demonstrated ability to implement, adopt or drive technical solutions.
- Aptitude to holistically mitigate supplier risk.
- Track record of collaboration with internal and external partners.
Command – takes unpopular stands as necessary, encourages direct and tough debate; faces adversity head on; energized by difficult challenges
Approachability – is easy to speak with and a good listener; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; and builds a rapport well with all colleagues.
Communication – provides direct, timely and candid feedback on all levels. Expands effort to recognize great work and subscribes to the PKI recognition program. Relates well to diverse people and organizations both inside and outside the organization and company; builds constructive and effective relationships.
Patience – tolerant with people and processes; listens and checks before acting; tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments.
Action-orientated – enjoys working hard; full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes opportunities.
Builds the voice of the customer feedback into strategies and plans. Considers impact of actions on current and future customers, both internal and external. Exemplifies a culture of quality and customer excellence in all actions.
Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes everyone feel his/her work is importantCan build effective teams and define success in terms of the whole team.
Vision and Purpose
Ability to look at the “big picture” and plan accordingly.
Creates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; is optimistic; ability to rally support for the vision; can inspire and motivate others.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.