Storage Technical Support Engineer 2
Dell is looking for several individuals to join our growing Technical Support Storage Team. Because of the growth in our Storage group this is an exciting time to join Dell. This position provides technical support for Dell products in multiple Storage environments.
To do the best work of your career join us as a Technical Support Engineer at one of our Support Services sites in Eden Prairie, MN, Round Rock, TX, or Oklahoma City.
This position serves as the first point of contact for customers with technical support issues and questions on advanced storage attached network (SAN) and network attached storage (NAS) environment. Applicants will be responsible for answering common questions regarding installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance, and usage of assigned products through providing telephone, email or chat. Documents problems, diagnostics, interactions, next steps, and solution implementation in the solution support database.
Applicants must possess strong customer service skills with the ability to make decisions with little supervision. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
What you’ll achieve:
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will resolve complex technical issues in a fast-paced, customer critical environment, working on improving processes, standards and strategies to perfect our Support Services.
- Demonstrate case management skills for each customer case by responding to customer technical problems or issues related to hardware, software and networking via phone, e-mail and chat.
- Take ownership, monitor and track cases to ensure accurate resolution by diagnosing problems and providing resolutions for technical service issues. Proactively engage additional resources to help resolve higher complexity issues.
- Be knowledgeable of Dell’s product line, processes, policies, current industry products and technologies. Focus on delivering a positive customer experience according to Dell standards.
- Advise and educate customers within procedural guidelines to ensure a complete solution to their technical or service questions.
- First-rate interpersonal phone skills, etiquette and work ethic.
- Ability to work under pressure with calmness and composure.
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills using operational and diagnostic procedures.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a previous technical support role.
- Advanced storage center knowledge in Fibre channel, iSCI, RAID, Block/File level management and Disaster recovery
- Associates degree preferred.
- Enterprise knowledge and certification preferred VCP, Hyper V, RedHat Linux, Networking, SQL and Windows Server.
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.