Customer Strategy is responsible for working collaboratively with Field Sales, Marketing and other internal stakeholders to drive growth on the Pain Franchise. Leveraging the knowledge of the retail environment to ensure the customers voice is heard with internal partners.
The Summer Intern for the Pain Customer Strategy team will be responsible for supporting the business with reporting and analytics for Advil, Excedrin and Voltaren. Primary duties will include:
- Collecting, summarizing, and reporting retailer promotional plans for top accounts
- Reporting on competitive trade promotion activities in the marketplace
- Analyzing competitive eCommerce and digital tactics on key e-tailer sites
- Performing local store checks
- Assisting with projects as necessary
The Summer Student Worker will report to one of the Customer Strategy Manager on the Pain Franchise, but will support the entire Pain Customer Strategy team.
- Pursuing a degree in Sales or Marketing
- Must be eligible to work in the US at the time of, and for the duration of their employment. Candidates will be required to furnish evidence of US work authorization. STEM OPT extensions are not supported.
- Able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the 12-week internship cycle (May-July/August).
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Ability to collaborate and manage multiple priorities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Capability to learn and leverage new systems quickly
- Successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- Provide your own funding for relocation and commuting.
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.