Operational Excellence is responsible for Business Performance Management, specifically measuring and monitoring site Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and making KPIs visible to site population and management. The department is responsible for ensuring an integrated Industrial Excellence approach across the site, removing barriers to progress, and embed a continuous improvement culture. The department is responsible for identifying key areas for improvement via a data driven process. The department partners with TECH to utilize Digital Data & Analytics as a means to succeed in achieving our site priorities.
This position will allow the selected candidate to:
- Work with data-sets of varying degrees of size and complexity including both structured and unstructured data.
- Develop sophisticated visualization of analysis output for business users.
- Extract, transform and analyze data from multiple data sources ensuring data quality and integrity is maintained from source to the final output. Develop and implement algorithms using advanced statistical and mathematical methods
- Partner with internal stakeholders from multiple departments to identify opportunity for applying data science to solve complex business challenges such as maximize yield, process robustness, predictable supply, proactive identification of potential issues
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or Statistics.
- This role is being used as a pipelining tool for future GSK direct hire opportunities. Because of this, permanent US work authorization is required.
- Able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the 12-week internship cycle (May-July/August).
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Basic understanding of delivering insights through statistical data analysis, data modeling and data visualization
- Basic understanding of data warehousing and business intelligence tools and platforms
- Successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- Provide your own funding for relocation and commuting.
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.