Human Resources People Data Analytics provides the enterprise with people related metrics and analysis to improve business operations and provide insights into our workforce.
This position reports into the Director of Global People Master Data Management. This position will allow the selected candidate to work with HR master data to gather it’s meta data and work with our corporate tools to compile definitions. This work will be a first for GSK HR and will help to provide a needed common understanding of our data, key performance indicators, and how they are consumed throughout the organization. In addition, this person will learn how to prioritize data cataloging in order to focus our resources on the most important data to be analyzed.
This position will research and document the various ways we transact certain data in order to improve how we can capture and manage key data to increase accuracy, and decrease duplication of efforts. This work will create the foundation for significant process redesign and globalization of standard HR processes.
- Pursuing a degree in Statistics, management, HR or analytics
- Must be eligible to work in the US at the time of, and for the duration of their employment. Candidates will be required to furnish evidence of US work authorization. STEM OPT extensions are not supported.
- Able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the 12-week internship cycle (May-July/August)
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Basic understanding of statistical comparisons of pre and post hoc data sets to discern improvements in the latter set.
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis tools, R is preferred.
- Successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- Provide your own funding for relocation and commuting.
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.