At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This is a Sun – Wed 9pm-7am Night Shift
Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Supervisor, QC Flow Cytometry is responsible for all operational aspects of the QC Flow Cytometry department at the CAR T manufacturing facility during clinical and commercial phases. This department is responsible for Flow Cytometry based testing of in-process samples, final drug product testing, stability testing, Validation and requalification support, critical reagent testing and qualification, training and other critical support as needed. The Supervisor, QC Sample Management is responsible for continuously maintaining the GMP status of the QC Laboratory, applying and ensuring staff complies to EHS rules and safe work practices per applicable procedures, while still hand-on testing as needed.
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive experience with flow cytometry and cell imaging, including flow related technologies related to analysis
- Advanced knowledge of cGMP, ISO, FDA, MHRA, PMDA, USP, PDA, JP, and EP regulations and guidelines as related to the manufacture of cell therapy products.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor style for a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally to drive operational and quality excellence.
- Advanced organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated critical reasoning, problem solving, troubleshooting, investigation, and decision-making skills.
- Advanced teamwork and facilitation skills.
- Advanced mentoring and coaching, influencing, negotiating, and personal interaction skills.
- Requires strategic thinking and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including establishing strategic direction and goals, and guiding execution while fostering a team-based environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Quality Systems including SOPs, Change Controls, Deviations, CAPAs, and Risk Assessments.
- Ability to interpret and author general, technical, and complex business documents.
- Advanced knowledge and implementation of data integrity principles.
- Ability to represent the department in regulatory inspections.
- Requires strong qualitative training skills: responsiveness, enthusiasm, humor, sincerity, honesty, flexibility, and tolerance.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manages all activities related to the QC Flow department including:
- GMP release of in-process and drug product testing results.
- Documentation of GMP release activities.
- Method development and validation.
- Oversight and qualification of contract testing laboratories.
Manages an develops direct reports including:
- Management and scheduling of personnel within the department to meet manufacturing and laboratory schedules and needs.
- Ensuring employees are properly trained and qualified to perform their assigned tasks, providing performance evaluations, and supporting career development of direct reports.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree required, preferably in Chemistry, Microbiology, or related science.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- 3 years of relevant work experience required.
- Experience auditing suppliers.
- The incumbent will be required to work in office and laboratory environments.
- The incumbent may be required to gown for entry into the Aseptic Core and other supporting areas on an as-needed basis.
- The incumbent (or designee) will be expected to be on call to support manufacturing issues involving sampling and/or test excursions or questions during shift operations.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we’re inspired by this single, powerful vision. Passionate and precise, we bring life-saving medicines to people around the world. And we work together with compassion to improve outcomes for the patients who need us most.
We are a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. Innovative science is our passion. Transformational medicines are our goal. Bristol Myers Squibb is committed to discovering, developing, and delivering transformational medicines in areas where we believe we have an opportunity to make a meaningful difference for patients: oncology, immunoscience, cardiovascular, and fibrosis.
We combine the agility of biotech with the reach and resources of an established pharmaceutical company to create a global leading biopharma company powered by talented individuals who drive scientific innovation.
Bristol-Myers Squibb gives you the opportunity to learn and grow professionally alongside smart, creative, and talented colleagues who are committed to helping patients battle serious diseases. Doing amazing things with people you like and admire isn’t something you can find just anywhere.
Our mission to enhance the lives of our patients requires an investment in a strong learning culture. By providing valuable learning opportunities, connecting you to your passion, and helping you achieve your personal aspirations, we are empowering you to make a difference.
- Digital Learning
- Developmental Programs
- Leadership & Management Programs
- Insights for Success
- General Manager Development
- Building Manager Capability
- Coaching & Mentoring