This position is located in Valencia, California. Relocation assistance will be offered to highly qualified candidates.
Direct and supervise SARS-CoV-2 clinical laboratory operations including decision-making, response to problems, identifying errors and taking corrective actions
- Direct SARS-CoV-2 clinical testing in a high complexity laboratory operation including decision-making, response to problems, identifying errors and taking corrective actions;
- Assures laboratory functions in a manner consistent with laboratory, CLIA and local regulations.
- Demonstrate technical expertise.
- Contribute to good employee relationships and providing for staff development; performing employee performance appraisals.
- Adhere to proper resource allocation and coordination. Ensuring maximum efficiency in the use of personnel; controlling departmental supply expenses.
- Manage and share daily workload; use time wisely and providing a productive atmosphere.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of test methodologies and quality control
- Develop, write, review and implement procedures and policies.
- Prepare laboratory for inspections and prepare reports as needed.
- Maintain good communication with leadership, team members and customers;
- Demonstrate an awareness of client expectations and seek ways to always satisfy.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all laboratory computer related tasks and providing training to employees as necessary.
- Ensure all instrument maintenance is performed and documented; administer all established quality control procedures and troubleshoot instruments effectively when appropriate.
- Assist in the review, interpretation and reporting of complex and routine test results.
- Assist in the development of new protocols in clinical research programs.
- Maintain good communication with leadership, team members and customers
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical molecular experience
- Licensed in California as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS)
- Previous Supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory setting highly desired
- Certification, as required for CLS licensure, by ACSP, ASCPi, AAB, or AMT
- Hands on technical expertise in Infectious Disease testing highly desired
- Experience with high throughput sample testing esp with RNA Extraction highly desired
- Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired
- Good, accurate computer skills
- Be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab
- Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist
- Able to lift boxes up to 25 pounds
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
- Weekend rotation may be required.
- Travel is not required.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.