- Lead proof-of-concept prototype efforts with a system perspective driving studies and experiments in the initial stages of a project.
- As part of an innovative R&D culture, participate in developing patentable concepts, designs, and processes; and participate in the patent filing process
- Lead integration efforts from a system perspective in the development stages ensuring designs meet requirements
- Research, develop, design, test and document improvements to PerkinElmer’s automation and microfluidic instruments from a system perspective, including software, firmware, electrical, and/or mechanical components
- Lead the verification and validation efforts for the product
- Assess Voice of Customer intelligence and business goals, develop user and system requirements with a multi-disciplinary team
- Interact with Support and Operations to assist in knowledge transfer, product transition, and technical support of PerkinElmer products.
- Provide team leadership and technical direction up to and including project management when needed
- Work individually and in groups in order to provide innovative and competent design solutions
- Attend relevant conferences to maintain and grow knowledge base
- Create and edit project documents within the IVD product development framework under supervision of a project manager.
- Requires a BS degree in an mechanical, electrical, physics or biomedical engineering discipline with 5 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Possess general product development skills and knowledge in specific technical areas and support in a regulated environment
- A self-starter and lifelong learner proficient in the development of scientific instrumentation
- Electrical, mechanical, system or software engineering background.
- Demonstrated ability to create and drive ideas to product realization utilizing a stage gate process
- Demonstrated ability with electro-mechanical instruments and software
- Demonstrated ability to write documents and to document the results, designs, and tests conducted
- Knowledgeable on product development workflow and risk management
- Proven success delivering upon multiple projects of increasing complexity
- Able to troubleshoot and overcome obstacles to meet the needs of the project/customer
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
- Understanding of analytical instrumentation and life sciences automation equipment
- SolidWorks or other modeling experience
- Experience with automated liquid handling instrumentation or microfluidic instrumentation a plus
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.