Technical Laboratory Support Administrator
As a Technical Lab Support Administrator you will be an integral part of the OneSource Services team, and will be based on-site to deal with vendor management, as well as improve technical and administrative efficiency to increase instrument up-time for our customer, located in Runcorn.
The Technical Lab Support Administrator will provide regular reporting to PerkinElmer and the customer management team.
- Administration and management of laboratory vendor activity including arranging engineer induction, escorting on site and Permit to Work
- To verify calibration, performance checks and repair reports of analytical equipment as part of planned and restorative laboratory vendor activity and complete related documentation and labeling and update of databases.
- Basic monthly performance checks of balances, osmometers, electronic pipettes, fume cupboards, water systems and other small laboratory systems
- To comply with company policies, procedures and standards, cGMP, cGLP, H&S, Regulatory and customer requirements.
- To contribute to the review, improvement and introduction of laboratory processes and systems to support continuous improvement.
- To support completion of laboratory investigations/CAPA closeouts and to support completion of rolling review, ensuring customer targets are adhered to.
- To communicate effectively within the department and with external vendors to ensure continuity of activities.
- Ordering of consumables for site ad hoc as required
- Full Quality, Compliance and Procedure training provided to successful candidate
- Experience of working with analytical instruments in a laboratory or other regulated environment
- High level of problem solving skills and able to use a range of structured tools to complement background knowledge.
- Strong organizational skills with a good eye for detail
- A strong communicator with the ability to communicate across equipment vendors and internal customers
- Good administrative skills. IT literate in MS Office.
- Good written English.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.