The GE Healthcare Upstream Bioprocess R&D Applications team is seeking a Technical Leader for the Hollow Fiber filtration platform. The goal of this important role will be to direct technical solutions for existing and future hollow fiber products including design, development, production and applications. This role will also have extensive customer interaction and must be comfortable conveying technical information to non-technical senior management, both internally and externally.
The Technical Leader would play a key role in Upstream Bioprocess R&D. The role is expected to provide technical oversight, support and solutions for hollow fiber projects. Daily activities will require people leadership as well as the direct input in the design, development, and experimental application of hollow fiber filtration products. This position requires strong expertise in membrane science, experience in project execution and the ability to work in a cross-functional global environment. The ability to translate business strategy into technical solutions is necessary, as well as excellent communication skills and ability to present to the executive management internally, and to external customers.
The successful candidate should:
- Function as an internal and external technical leader for membrane development, manufacturing processes and upstream applications.
- Have a deep understanding of membrane characterization techniques and filtration applications within a bioprocessing environment.
- Interface directly with internal and external customers and suppliers to troubleshoot current manufacturing, quality, and applications issues.
- Oversee project execution and coordinate project priorities with business leaders and cross-functional teams.
- Establish and maintain knowledge of competitors and competing products/technologies.
- Provide scientific and technical leadership for application notes, reports, publications and presentations.
- Understanding of Process Engineering principles and methodology.
- Awareness of GMP and governmental regulations related to drug manufacturing.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Excellent communication and ability to negotiate resources and gain buy-in for initiatives.
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
- Master’s or PhD (preferred) degree in either; Chemical Engineering, Plastics/Polymer Engineering, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Material Science, BioEngineering or related field.
- 10+ years’ experience working in membrane development, characterization and scale up
- Strong understanding of membrane manufacturing processes including raw materials, casting/spinning, critical membrane attributes, and device assembly.
- Experience with membrane characterization tools and methods such as AFM, SEM, Porometry, Solute/Particle Rejection etc.
- Experience with polymer characterization techniques such as rheometry, viscometry, spectroscopy, size exclusion chromatography etc.
- Proficiency with six sigma design of experiments
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting-edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world.GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.