With a global remit, our Technical Program Management professionals lead cross-functional product design teams to develop and introduce game-changing new products and solutions. It’s about making sure we offer customers the right features, experience, quality, schedule, cost, continuity of supply, service capability and financials. When our products and solutions are in development, it’s about driving everything from definition through to planning, development and launch across global development centers and multiple lines of business.
Join us as a Technical Program Management Consultant on our Engineering team in the United States to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Technical Program Management Consultant, you will drive the development and implementation of new and exciting products and services, working closely with sales, customer service, partners, customers and other technical support groups in cross-functional teams to manage the entire lifecycle of highly complex, high risk projects.
- Manage technical projects in a product development organization, or specific activities related to projects within given constraints of scope, schedule, budget, and quality through the duration of the project
- Work with Engineering Leadership to set clear project objectives and deliverables for each program that supports the Telecom Systems Business operational goals.
- Allocate work among development teams and provides guidance on a regular basis leveraging best-in-class Agile Development Practices
- Build effective, high performance team processes and provides ongoing program status and performance feedback to Engineering Leadership.
- Engage across team and organizational boundaries to minimize program risk, close execution gaps, and align resources
- Manage major risks and issues through effective contingency planning and proper escalation.
- Conduct periodic reviews of the technical scope to ensure project is on track and conducts post-project reviews working with Engineering Leadership on Continuous Improvement efforts
- Help to drive budget planning and justification on an annual basis.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 12–15 years of related experience in product development processes, product/solution areas and customer needs and usage
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and presentation.
- Ability to manage cross functional teams to define the product/solution definition and requirements
- Knowledge of Agile Software Development Practices, Agile Program Management and Product Offering Life-Cycle Methodologies
- Demonstrated experience with leading large Engineering Development team(s), programs kick-off(s), managing development schedules and driving interlock meetings along with presenting program status to key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of Hardware, Software and Solution Technologies leveraged by the Telecom Industry
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.