As an Technology Manager, you will manage certain elements (such as upstream or downstream etc.) of the transfer of primary biopharmaceutical production technologies from R&D, third party clients or Contract Manufacturing Organizations to GMS Biopharm and from GMS Biopharm to other biopharmaceutical manufacturing sites.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Support the introduction and possible scale-up of primary (drug substance) processes transferred from R&D or third party clients for specific products new within GMS Biopharm.
- Act as technical GMS Biopharm representative on the technology transfer teams and product development project team for specific products.
- Propose strategies and priorities in planning technical transfer/process validation activities within area of expertise.
- Responsible for process trend analysis and assurance that processes remain within control parameters.
- Provide technical training to production staff for new equipment and process technologies as required.
- Evaluate new technologies for GSK and define technology introduction strategies.
- Ensure technical accuracy of process documentation and related documentation for specific products.
- May need to contribute to technical oversight of manufacturing operations, facility changes or coordinating technical activities for specific products at GMS Biopharm.
- Contribute to evaluations of potential fit of prospective new products into GMS Biopharm
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, engineering or equivalent
- 5 or more years of work in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) regulated pharma/biotech environment
- Experience developing process control strategies and Continuous Process Verification
- Experience with root cause analysis and evaluating variables influencing process performance
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master’s degree in biology, biochemistry or chemistry
- Ability to problem solve and identify technical/scientific solutions to resolve process-related issues
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to influence and gain support on complex issues
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.