Telecom Global Strategic Alliances Manager REMOTE
Join us as a Telecom Global Strategic Alliances Manager on our Strategic Alliances team in Remote, USA to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
The Telecom Global Strategic Alliances Manager will drive the overall relationship between the Dell Telco BU and partners that have industry leadership, as well as managing GTM and business development initiatives. Dell Technologies provides infrastructure solutions from the edge, to the data center to the cloud, and Telco BU plays a critical role in bringing solutions to the market. The role requires one to be an ambassador of the Telco BU within the region, and the liaison between many cross-functional organizations to align and execute on a common documented mission.
- Ownership of specific partner relationships driving the DT Telco Strategy including defining the objective with the partner, solutions/initiatives and a strategic partner plan documenting what good looks like.
- Growth mindset with the desire and ability to work in a rapidly expanding business unit focused on developing Dell Technologies as the leader in 5G infrastructure technology from edge to core to cloud.
- Ownership of field interlock and cadence of strategic opportunities within the Telco Customers, especially the focused 20-30 accounts, and partners.
- Defining engagement model for Top Telco Partners, including Workshops/agendas, innovation days, and service creation events driving to a documented plan (Strategic Partner Plan).
- Ownership of interlock with Center of Competency and other field organizations, including development of campaigns.
- This includes co-developing and driving strategic initiatives for the business related to GTM, sales enablement, and sales growth programs through various routes-to-market.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and navigate between various Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Alliances or partnering company’s organizations.
- Leverage industry and technical knowledge and maintain relevancy of global markets, customers, and technologies to be a part of the feedback loop to Telco product management and engineering.
- Develop organizational effectiveness to drive business growth by streamlining cross-functional processes globally.
- Effectively communicate Dell Technology’s Telco strategy to internal and external stakeholders.
What you’ll achieve
As a Telecom Global Strategic Alliances Manager, you contribute greatly to the development of a market, a business unit or a product line through strategic partner management capitalizing on current/future market trends.
- Own the end to end partner management process from strategic evaluation, approach, align, and jointly execute to bring into the full Dell ecosystem
- Build trust with ecosystem partners to establish market awareness and enablement for the transformative network of CSP partners
- Coach junior colleagues to achieve their full potential in business development
- Proactively identify key strategic opportunities
- Develop and deliver thoughtful, compelling internal and external communications that articulate the company and the Telecom Systems Business’ value proposition
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Undergraduate degree and 10+ years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 8+ years relevant experience
- Experience with Telecoms, 5G, Telecom Networking, OSS/BSS, Virtual Infrastructure Managers, and other Telco technologies/services
- Experience with VMWare, Redhat, Amdocs, NetScout, and other leading SP Ecosystem companies
- Knowledge of the Telco Partner Ecosystem including knowledge of specific partner types for example System Integrators, ISVs and Telco workloads, IHV and VIM Partners.
- Strong business and financial acumen to focus on the economics of business development initiatives
- Strong project management skills, holding cross-functional teams accountable for results
- Ability to travel regionally to Dell EMC field resources, channel partners and events as needed
- Ability to work cross-functionally with product management, marketing and field teams
- Works effectively with functional leaders throughout the organization
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop business cases and execute business development plans.
- 7+ years demonstrated success in business/market development, product management or partner management.
- Knowledge of Dell Technology infrastructure products and solutions including: server, storage, and networking related to IaaS, PaaS, CaaS, analytics and assurance, NFV/Telco Cloud, Virtual Infrastructure Manager, and emerging Edge/5G technologies
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.