Telecoms Lead Architect
As a Telecoms Lead Architect you will create products and solutions catering for the worldwide telecommunications market, which is exploding with new and exciting opportunities offered by new developments such as 5G, Internet of Things, and disaggregated virtualized radio access networks (RANs). You will work with energetic and geographically dispersed teams and research groups on telco innovation projects. This role can be performed remotely.
- Be the architect and lead developer on a number of large, complex and leading-edge projects.
- Provide technology consultation for customers and our internal engineering teams
- Be an architect helping to design Dell Technologies’ suite of Telco software components
- Support opportunity identification and anchor to proof of concept and innovation programs.
- Ensure consistently high standards across in-house design, contracted design work, third-party partnerships, and third party solutions
- Collaborate closely throughout the end-to-end development process to jointly establish top-level product characteristics and technology selections.
- Be a leader at the center of internal teams and many different external collaboration models ranging from contracted design, co-design partnerships.
Take the first step towards your dream career.
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Minimum 15 years of working experience in Telecom domain including experience in Consumer and Enterprise business segments.
- Experience programming in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Python, Go or Rust.
- Experience architecting, developing, and troubleshooting large scale systems.
- Experience with algorithms and data structures.
- Experience with distributed systems architecture, design, and implementation.
- Knowledge of Modern software development processes including test-driven development, DevOps models, continuous integration, continuous testing, agile development
- Ability to manage a wide variety of technical resources to collaborate and drive large enterprise grade, technically comprehensive projects
- Working with Program Managers, taking accountability for assisting in mitigating technology risks in delivery of solutions.
- Ability to work in a team with a diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment.
- Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment.
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and presentation.
- Be able to work in a fast-pace environment as a team member with collaborative skills and attitude.
- Creative thinker with proven invention skills (e.g., patents).
- Bachelors or master’s in computer science, computer engineering, or related disciplines. However, exceptional candidates without college degrees who may have long industry experience and can demonstrate their skills & abilities will also be considered.
- Subject matter expert on Telco Transformation with deep expertise on RAN, NFV, SDN, OSS/BSS implementation, Management and Orchestration, Kubernetes and Automation for 5G RAN using a Cloud Native approach.
- Demonstrated knowledge in developing end-to-end telco solution for applications in areas such as: 4G/5G Core, Edge networks and applications (Industrial IoT, AR/VR, etc.)
- Strong executive presence and track record of VP to CxO level engagement with Tier 1 Telecom Operators.
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.