- Waltham, MA
- Philadelphia, PA
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Richmond, VA
- Trenton, NJ
- Washington, DC
The Account Executive position will be responsible for identifying new opportunities and selling Informatics Solutions to the Life Science & Non-Life Science (Specialty Chemical, Food, etc.) markets. The Informatics group is a growing, entrepreneurial team selling Software and Service Solutions, combining leading edge software solutions with the experience, resources and financial backing of a $2.0+ billion organization. We are looking for a Sales Representative who understands how to find, manage and close complex software and service sales cycles. We are looking for someone with drive, passion and a competitive spirit. Our ideal candidate will have experience in selling software, with a strong understanding of business intelligence/analytics and the Life Science industries. We are looking for a team player, with customer relationship building skills, who is hardworking, smart and loves to win. This position will be responsible for both new and existing customers.
Why should you join us?
- You want to be a part of proven company, with tremendous additional growth potential
- You want to be significantly rewarded for your abilities and contributions
- You want to work hard within a fun-loving environment that encourages a work-life balance
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand the general state of the Life Science and/or Non-Life Science (Specialty Chemical, Food, etc.) industries
- Identify mid-market accounts in your territory who would benefits from our solutions
- HUNTER skill set – account planning, prospecting, lead qualification and development of new business.
- Understand your accounts critical business opportunities and challenges as they relate to our solutions
- Identify key decision makers and build strong relationships within your client base
- Create and perform sales presentations that helps clients understand the business and economic value of our solutions
- Develop a sufficient sales pipeline
- Manage the software sales cycle from opportunity identification to contract completion
- Negotiate complex software and service contracts
- Prepare accurate sales forecasts and sales cycle reporting
- Ability to prepare, organize and guide pre sales and consulting resources
- Must be legally able to work in the US without requiring further sponsorship
- 5+ years of experience selling enterprise software into enterprise accounts
- 5+ years’ experience selling to both business users and IT
- General knowledge of business intelligence or analytics
- General knowledge of the Life Science Industry
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding quota
- Successful experience in business development, and the ability to manage complex enterprise sales cycles
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to present solutions from a business benefit perspective
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Previous sales methodology training with strong customer references
- Will work out of their home office or a office (depending upon location)
- Must be able to travel as the position dictates
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.