The Territory Business Manager builds and maintains strong professional relationships with community-based physicians/HCPs in private practice, medical groups practices, office staff and others in the patient care continuum. The Territory Business Manager is a business leader who represents the integrity of the company by providing approved disease and product information and resources to key decision makers and stakeholders within the oncology community practice setting.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned sales targets.
- Develops and implements robust territory business plans centered on performance.
- Develops strong, long-term relationships with customers in all assigned accounts.
- Represents brands and resources in a professional, compliant, ethical and effective manner; helping external customers understand the benefits and use of products for appropriate patients.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of disease states, BMS brands and relevant competitor products.
- Demonstrates highly effective territory management and exemplary selling competencies.
- Fosters team effectiveness and accomplishments of shared goals by sharing knowledge, experience and information.
- Monitors operating costs and compliance with territory budget.
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of BMS.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree required
- 3+ years of healthcare sales experience and/or clinical experience required
- Oncology/hematology pharmaceutical sales representative experience in hospitals/institutions and/or clinical expertise (PharmD or BSN) preferred. Demonstrated strong capability in account management skill-sets, superior selling competencies and proven sales performance track record of meeting or exceeding goals.
- Demonstrated strong business analytics to understand and analyze business and market drivers, and develop, execute and adjust business plans.
- Demonstrated skills at building and maintaining professional relationships with key customers, office staff and others in the customer influence network.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in matrix teams (teamwork mindset and skill-sets essential).
- Demonstrated track record of developing self to drive and enhance performance.
- As this position requires operation of a Company-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of “Qualified Driver,” as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver’s license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and, 3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company.
Why You Should Apply
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious
diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our
shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We
offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the
resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this
role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company
requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19,
unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious
reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto
Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination
by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining
representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent
recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable
accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto
Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or
sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we’re inspired by this single, powerful vision. Passionate and precise, we bring life-saving medicines to people around the world. And we work together with compassion to improve outcomes for the patients who need us most.
We are a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. Innovative science is our passion. Transformational medicines are our goal. Bristol Myers Squibb is committed to discovering, developing, and delivering transformational medicines in areas where we believe we have an opportunity to make a meaningful difference for patients: oncology, immunoscience, cardiovascular, and fibrosis.
We combine the agility of biotech with the reach and resources of an established pharmaceutical company to create a global leading biopharma company powered by talented individuals who drive scientific innovation.
Bristol-Myers Squibb gives you the opportunity to learn and grow professionally alongside smart, creative, and talented colleagues who are committed to helping patients battle serious diseases. Doing amazing things with people you like and admire isn’t something you can find just anywhere.
Our mission to enhance the lives of our patients requires an investment in a strong learning culture. By providing valuable learning opportunities, connecting you to your passion, and helping you achieve your personal aspirations, we are empowering you to make a difference.
- Digital Learning
- Developmental Programs
- Leadership & Management Programs
- Insights for Success
- General Manager Development
- Building Manager Capability
- Coaching & Mentoring