Horizon Discovery is an innovative and rapidly growing biotech company focused on providing a diverse portfolio of inspired cell solutions to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, CRO, diagnostic, clinical laboratory and academic areas across the globe.
About the role:
Horizon has a rewarding and exciting opportunity for an experienced, savvy and successful life sciences Territory Sales Manager to support and drive our growth for this Biotech focused territory which includes: mid-Atlantic region
The key focus of the Territory Sales Manager will be the application of multi-channeled approaches to develop and execute strategic sales and marketing plans to expand Horizon’s market presence, and successfully drive/close complex and large revenue value deals within their territory.
- Continually establish and cultivate new business relationships and opportunities; establish and preserve successful relationships and business opportunities with current customers for continued sales growth
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Horizon’s portfolio to successfully educate prospective and current customers on Horizon’s value and partnership
- Collaborate across departments in the preparation/delivery of marketing materials, proposals, and product information.
- Participate and represent Horizon at conferences and industry events
- Actively manage Salesforce inputs to ensure accurate territory management, opportunity management, marketing, reporting, and revenue forecasting
- Ability to travel 60-70% locally
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 + years of experience in a selling role with a proven, successful track record of direct selling in a sales/business development role in a life sciences environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build customer relationships, understand customer needs and articulate technical value propositions that provide solutions for customers.
- Fundamental understanding of drug discovery and/or diagnostics and the supporting technologies, products and services
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills and empowerment capacity to inspire and ignite others to develop their abilities
- Experience with Microsoft Office, CRM Databases, LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Ability to travel 60-70% locally, with some overnight travel throughout the U.S., and on occasion internationally
- Valid Driver’s License
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.