- Collaborate with the Customer Education & Enablement team members , subject matter experts, stakeholders, and business teams to identify goals and outcomes for learning experiences.
- Create clear, compelling training assets that drive learner engagement, knowledge adoption, and retention: case studies, infographics, e-books & user guides, wireframes, and tutorial videos.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Design, and Technical teams to determine messaging and conceptional direction for each asset.
- Produce training content that meets the agreed-upon tone, style, and that aligns with learning outcomes across a multicultural environment
- Optimize content (language, tone, message) based on varied target audiences
- Oscillate between left- and right-brained writing, from storytelling to systematic implementation.
- Participate in a community of learning professionals to share best practices and identify emerging learning needs.
- Facilitate, coordinate and deliver instructor-led training to PerkinElmer customers.
- Maintain knowledge of new developments in learning science, design, and technologies.
- Design and deliver learning content on workflows for scientific research data and field knowledge on biological areas such as biochemistry, genomics or related areas.
- Continually evaluate solutions for quality, business impact, and scalability.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Writing, English, Chemistry, Biology or related fields such as Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Genetics disciplines.
- 2 + years of experience with creating training content, end-user documentation, training guides and other materials necessary for training and knowledge retention
- Experience and interest in video and/or eLearning production, including design, planning, creation, and editing
- Experience working in an Instructional Design capacity to develop, implement, measure for and analyze for training success
- Experience working with a Knowledge Base or writing knowledge base articles
- Experience in laboratory work at Pharmaceutical, Biotech, or Petro-Chemical company
- Experience in learning systems and learning management systems.
- Experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Graphic and info-graphic design experience
- Human-centered or user-centered design experience
- Experience working in a similar role in a multi-cultural environment where trainings are produced in multiple languages
- Familiarity with SCORM, xAPI, online learning and learning technologies
- Proficiency in graphic and/or web design skills
- Experience with video/animation design and development
- Strong English written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Willingness and ability to travel
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.