Sodexo’s Corporate Service Division seeks a Unit Safety Manager with the focus of EH&S, based at our pharmaceutical client site in Lawrenceville, NJ. This role emerges from a new piece of business at the client – position will assist in harmonizing a safety culture from the prior provider to Sodexo.
The intent of this position is to act as a single point of contact for the portfolio Provide safety leadership to foster a zero-accident mindset.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Unit Safety Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Lead safety improvements for project work that are in alignment with the global strategy to drive safety culture
- Leae EHS training for transition of frontline and management staff to new service provider
- Field and administrative review of High-Risk Work Permits
- Serve as liaison for Vendor Contractor Managers and client EHS Management staff
- Deliver training to key staff on job site requirements and documentation
- Compile metrics for monthly reporting
- Participate in client annual EHS audits. Implement and close out audit CAPA’s.
- Develop and implement improvement/corrective action plans
- Review Job Safety Analysis and help to coordinate activities necessary to ensure successful internal/external audits and other management reviews
- Investigate serious accidents with Root Cause Analysis to prevent reoccurrence
- Quality control / sanitation / risk assessments / occupational heath & safety audits
- Recommend, justify, implement, and manage safety devices, equipment that helps our employees and guests and mitigate losses; and
- Provide proactive & interactive leadership providing hands on help when and where needed
Our ideal candidate will have:
- ServeSafe certification / OSHA 10 training (preferred or within 6 months of hire)
- 3-5 years’ experience in Corporate Health and Safety; and
- Experience facilitating training and strong administrative skills
You will be required to have the COVID-19 vaccine to work at this location.
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure a safe work environment at client sites by providing HS&E and/or Quality Assurance consultation. This role drives a safety culture at the site level. This position is responsible for ensuring the implementation and compliance with North American and client safety guidelines. Ensures legal compliance to all Federal (Provincial), State and Local regulations.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years of related experience
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.