Value Stream Planner I/II
We are looking for a Value Stream Planner I/II to coordinate and expedite production according to demand and quality standards. This position will ensure our products are produced on time for distribution. Applicant should be well versed in production procedures, well organized, and results-driven with great problem-solving skills. Advanced communication and computer skills are very useful for the role.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create Production orders in the ERP system.
- Production Order Follow-up for on time delivery of production requirements.
- Prioritize and Expedite Production Orders
- Monitor Material Sell-by and Expiration Dating
- Monitor inventory levels in ERP system to ensure that inventories are well stocked and all products are updated.
- Communicate timely responses to company departments/divisions in relation to; emails, ETA requests, scheduling, work order information requests.
- Coordinate production schedule with production departments.
- Release Work Orders based on demand, material availability and work center capacity.
- Request material transfers when material is available.
- Review ERP Reorder Point messages and/or MRP suggestions and take appropriate actions
- Optimize material stocking levels for sell-by and expiration dates and take appropriate actions (retest, extend, use up) to minimize obsolescence/scrap.
- Propose alternate activities to resolve Backorders.
- Analyze, update and maintain complex spreadsheets. Generate reports and metrics.
- Create and maintain documentation (SOP’s, Forms, Checklists) to ensure all processes are documented
- Ensures compliance with company and department policies, procedures, checklists.
- Performs other duties as assigned/required.
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- BA or equivalent work experience in the areas of: Business Administration, Science, Operations Supply Chain or related field.
- 4 – 6 years Production Planning experience required
- 2 years of experience in an ISO13485 environment.
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Prior production planning experience utilizing ERP/MRP Systems
- Prior experience utilizing Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Prior experience handling multiple product lines with high volume and high mix of SKU’s
- Ability to multi-task, work at a fast pace and handle a high volume workload.
- Prior experience managing products with expiration dating
- Familiar with ISO or GMP regulatory compliance requirements
- Prior experience in life science, biotechnology industry or process manufacturing industry Understanding of Lean Six Sigma, JIT, Kanban concepts
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.