Experience Strategist Responsibilities:
- Lead/manage our Experience Strategy team (of which Content Strategy is part of)
- Represent the agency as an industry SME for Experience Strategy (which will include elements of Digital Strategy)
- Evaluate and implement improvements on experience strategy.
- Research the latest digital tools and interactive trends.
- Drive value for the organization.
- Analyze and report on digital campaigns.
- Analyze customer and user data.
- Engage with clients, sales teams, and management.
- Map out how digital assets will be optimized for business results.
- Define and action digital events.
- Directs and controls the activities of senior content strategists, and team associates. Assists with departmental structure, workforce planning, career development, training, planning and budgeting.
- Direct contributor to decisions in hiring, firing, objective setting, performance appraisals, coaching, and pay reviews.
- Be “the voice of experience authority” in internal and client meetings. Meet with clients, account teams, and internal teams regularly.
- Collaborate and communicate professionally with clients and internal teams, especially the ability to work closely with digital strategists, visual designers, and development teams.
- Lead Experience /Content/Digital Brand Strategy efforts in pitches for new work and participate in the pitch.
- Manages staff (including direct, indirect, and matrixed) against project timelines and internal initiatives Manages career paths by coaching and mentoring direct and indirect reports.
- Manage overall goals of the Experience Strategy group with an emphasis on growing the team and revenue.
- Develops best practices and champions them within the organization.
- Participate in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs and people.
- Evangelize our skills, services, and methodology across the broader Epsilon organization.
Experience Strategist Requirements:
- Degree in advertising, marketing, communication science or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Firm grasp of emerging digital tools.
- Thorough understanding of digital touchpoints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Insightful and perceptive.
- Business knowledge.
- Deadline driven.
- Understanding of web analytics.
- Possess broad knowledge of best digital practices.
- Minimum of 10 years of designing customer experiences for websites, mobile applications, enterprise software, and beyond.
- 8-10 years’ leadership experience with an integrated digital team.
- Ability to manage difficult clients or project teams, to successfully “fight fires” and leave the client satisfied at the end Build comprehensive content strategies that deliver across segments, personas, and customer lifecycles
- Attention to detail in performing comprehensive site and app audits
- Ability to evaluate content for viability and quality, based on business and customer needs
- Ability to write and edit copy that meets strategy and business goals
- Depending on project needs, oversee and/or execute Copywriting tasks
- Firm grasp of what constitutes valuable content and the ability to make that known and understood by those around you
Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Lead annual planning, brand summits, and large client meetings
- Oversee the creation of global/national Strategies and is the “face of the team” to clients for those deliverables
- Serve as a close partner to Account Directors and lead clients to create the vision and growth opportunities for accounts
- Create comprehensive content strategies and content communications plans covering all aspects of their digital presence including paid, earned, owned, and shared
- Manager of a team with multiple skill levels – including direct reports, and leadership across cross-discipline teams
- Partner with customer experience team on website content, work with the media team on
- Lead and inspire creative conception of breakthrough content ideas through writing briefs and briefing creative, while brainstorming with and working alongside them daily
- Monitor cultural trends using listening and trend monitoring tools to translate cultural topics into timely and relevant marketing content
- Lead new business pitches on behalf of strategy team while, energizing and bringing teams together around a single vision, collaborating on the development of the pitch story arch and presenting in front of executive-level clients
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Passionate, highly driven and highly motivated
- Track record of creating content strategies that align with customer journey, customer psychology, and leverage digital platforms to the fullest extent
- Must be passionate about emerging trends and an early adopter of digital technology, with knowledge of trending cultural topics
- Understanding of paid strategies (OLA, blogger programs, SEM, Social Paid Media, native advertising) and dynamic content messaging in complex, data-rich consumer environments
- Proven track record of social media and branded content strategy development and execution across major channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.)
- Familiar with ideating and building customer personas, customer journeys, experience maps, communication cadence planning, messaging matrixes, and journey analysis.
- Energetic, engaging and inspirational presentation style, both written and oral
- Ability to lead top talent and inspire creativity of team members
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.