As a Warehousing Manager, you will manage personnel responsible for all Warehousing activities, including but not limited to shipping and receiving, supporting manufacturing deliveries, inbound and outbound shipments for Bulk Drug Substance and analytical testing samples, and cold storage.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Supervise Warehouse staff in daily activities, establish best working practices, manage myPlans in Workday and provide and/or coordinate all training/refresher certifications
- Responsible for warehouse personnel training and implementation of GPS principles including Continuous Improvement projects, visual controls and metrics. Key expectation for this First Line Leader (FLL) role is to spend 70% of the time on the field, focused on people leadership, performance management, and real time problem solving through GEMBA and process confirmations.
- Responsible for managing material handling equipment and preventative maintenance programs.
- Responsible for the creation, review, revision, and approval of all Warehouse documentation including, SOPs, QMS, GQMP, Protocols, Validation Reports and Deviations.
- Supporting deviations and CAPAs where appropriate
- Responsible for executing and managing Level 1 self inspection audits and self directed training programs for Warehouse department.
- Manages the material control, site trash, chemical, and hazardous waste disposal programs.
- Manages the systems for courier and QC sample shipments for the site.
- Responsible for ensuring a high level of accuracy in warehouse transactions, utilizing MERP, and providing any required support for E2ESO.
- Work with Logistics Specialist to support any cold chain NPI and/or improvement projects
- Calculate, monitor and maintain Warehouse capacity utilization for ambient, cold, and flammable storage areas. Support Warehouse Manager in enabling improvements in this space.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High School diploma
- At least 5 years of directly related experience.
- Must have successfully managed warehouse and shipping activities on a global platform
- Prior supervisory and leadership experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced planning and organizational skills
- APICS Certification as Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) or Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Demonstrated learning and change agility
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.