As an experienced member of the Network Operations Team, this wireless network engineer will perform the necessary support to our internal customers, project teams, and design teams. This will include the implementation of approved designs, design review/consultations, and most importantly support the daily operational tasks for the Enterprise WLAN/MAN/LAN/WAN environment. The Engineer is responsible for all aspects of operating GSK’s network, while providing technical leadership and expertise to a diverse team of IT professionals.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Devise, plan, deploy, and troubleshoot wireless networks from implementation to Operations by collaborating with vendors, end users, and other technical teams
- Serves as a SME in providing tier III level support to internal and external users in troubleshooting and in network deployments
- Develop and utilize automations to evaluate, test, and validate wireless performance, quality, and reliability
- Implement policies to help classify and manage wireless access levels to protect network systems security and follow best practices
- Configure and install enterprise level network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, WLAN controllers, wireless access points, load balancers, WAN optimizers, DNS/DHCP/IPAM, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Resolve highly complex or critical incidents involving multiple enterprise services, lead and/or engage in Service Restoration and Root Cause Analysis Activities as required and identify opportunities for internal process enhancement
- Monitoring of support ticket queues and implementation of Business as Usual (BaU) customer requests
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Create, maintain and update documentation on all networking processes and procedures
- Provide advanced technical support during business hours and non-business hours on a rotating on-call basis.
- Perform other related duties as required.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 4+ years experience in a network engineering role,
- Extensive knowledge of IP subnetting and wireless technology
- Network monitoring and troubleshooting – SolarWinds, Cisco Prime, Wireshark, Cisco ISE
- Experience with Cisco routers ISR/ASR series routers
- Experience with Cisco Catalyst switches – 3850, 4500, 6500
- Experience with Cisco Nexus switches – 2K, 5K, 7K, 9K
- Solid understanding of routing protocols OSPF & EIGRP
- Solid understanding of layer 2 protocols STP, RSTP
- Extensive knowledge implementing and supporting DNS, SNMP, RADIUS, TACACS, SYSLOG
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline preferred
- Experience with Load Balancer (LTM/GTM) technologies (F5 preferred)
- Experience with WAN Acceleration technologies (Riverbed preferred)
- Team leadership experience in a virtual global team a plus.
- Solid understanding of routing protocols mBGP & ISIS
- Experience with Cisco SD-WAN, IPSEC, GRE
- Experience with access control list (ACLs), VRF, Port Security, Traffic Shaping, Priority Queuing, Class of Service (CoS), and Quality of Service (QoS)
- Thorough understanding and 2+ years’ experience configuring IPSEC VPN, DMVPN, SSLVPN, or GET/VPN
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.