This position is responsible for overseeing the day to day accounting activity, monthly reconciliation preparation and review, reviewing revenue transactions with the team, and providing support for external and internal audit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the day to day accounting activity ensuring team is using proper accounts to record transactions. Approving journal entries and reviewing reconciliations.
- Coordinate monthly general ledger close: validate completeness of journal entry posting, review preliminary financial statements, prepare and record adjusting entries as necessary.
- Support the revenue close process which includes reviewing and documenting complex, multiple element arrangements to ensure that revenue is recognized in accordance with ASC 606.
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger and revenue reports for management review as needed.
- Managing and maintaining fixed and intangible asset records.
- Support quarterly management reporting and balance sheet flux analyses.
- Perform periodic Fair Value analysis and communicate findings to Senior Management.
- Perform quarterly SOX control testing.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with all business units (Operation team, FP&A, Corporate consolidation, Tax etc.) resolving open questions in a timely manner, ad-hoc projects, and process improvements.
- Coordinate audit activities for external auditors.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 2-4 years of progressive accounting experience.
- CPA preferred.
- Understanding of US GAAP, including ASC 606, accounting principles with respect to Software, SaaS, and Professional Services revenue recognition.
- Understanding of the requirements of SOX in a public company environment.
- Ability to work with highly sensitive company information in a professional and confidential manner.
- Proven analytical skills and proficient computer skills, especially with Microsoft Excel and Word. NetSuite experience a plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and business partnering.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.