Sodexo has a new opening for an Accountant in the Operations Accounting department at our Financial Services Center in Cheektowaga, NY which handles accounting for all of our North American operations. Within the center there are many departments and positions so there’s opportunities for growth & advancement.
This role will work a hybrid schedule averaging three days in the office and two days from home plus 10 work from anywhere- this is on top of vacation, holidays and personal days.
The office offers a modern, collaborative environment with free parking and on-site full-service cafeteria
If you are looking for a good work/life balance – we’ve got it.
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure integrity of business line internal financial reporting & prepare client income statements & billings within Health Care, Client Services and Energy and Resources segments.
- Apply GAAP & objective accounting judgment to knowledge of contractual agreements & company policy.
- Work in a team environment to ensure department deadlines are met.
- Work proactively to prevent problems, and identify and implement innovative solutions.
- Maintain strong business relationships by responding to calls and email correspondence.
- Maintain company databases as necessary.
- Support multiple business line activities.
- Work proactively to prevent problems.
- Communicate with all levels of the organization.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who are/have:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management preferred
- Microsoft Office software, including advanced Excel skills
- Excellent human relations skills
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated organization and comprehension skills
- Contract interpretation skills
- Ability to perform and maintain core responsibilities / accountabilities
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- PC & related software knowledge – excel skills and Essbase experience
Assists in the maintenance of accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls, preparing financial reports and safeguarding the organization’s assets. Maintains accounting and financial records and reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports. Performs routine assignments. Has conceptual knowledge of theories, practices and procedures in own discipline typically acquired through a college or university degree or the equivalent work experience. Develops competence by performing structured work assignments. Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems. Receives instruction, guidance and direction from more senior level roles.
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.