Sodexo is seeking an Accounting Analyst for our Operations Accounting Department supporting Health Care, Corporate Services, Energy and Canada segments at our Financial Shared Services Center in Cheektowaga, NY. Within the center there are many departments and positions so there’s opportunities for growth & advancement.
The role will work a hybrid schedule averaging three days in the office and two days from home.
The office offers a modern, collaborative environment with free parking and on-site full-service cafeteria
If you are looking for a good work/life balance – we’ve got it.
The successful candidate will:
- Train and guide accountants on company policies and procedures, processes and systems, problem resolution techniques and effective communication.
- Provide on-going assessment of financial close adjustment process and make recommendations for improvements related to trends.
- Focus on metric driven analysis, KPI’s and automation
- Coordinate period and monthly close process to include preparation of journal entries, system maintenance, and financial analysis.
- Lead special projects and significant business issues, as needed.
- Provide guidance on nonstandard issues as escalated accountants.
- Interpret contract terms for existing units.
- Apply GAAP and IFRS, Sodexo policies and procedures, and provide objective accounting judgment in the production of accurate and reliable financial reports for Sodexo and its clients.
- Communicate relevant information and provide accounting guidance to support business decisions.
- Anticipate and meet changing operational and client reporting needs, working pro-actively to resolve and prevent issues.
- Participate and contribute toward the resolution and implementation of company initiatives.
- Foster cooperation toward achieving department and organizational goals.
- Produce ad hoc reports for business operators, division and corporate finance and other functional support departments.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure understanding of system maintenance and contract requirements.
Is this the right opportunity for you? We are looking for candidates who have/are:
- Excellent training skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to perform and maintain core responsibilities / accountabilities while simultaneously involved in other department initiatives
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Demonstrated comprehension skills
- Strong contract interpretation skills
- Strong internal control policy
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong SAP, PC & related software knowledge
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate’s education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate’s specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Has working knowledge and experience in own discipline. Assists in the maintenance of accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls, preparing financial reports and safeguarding the organization’s assets. Maintains accounting and financial records and reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports. Continues to build knowledge of the organization, processes and customers. Performs a range of mainly straightforward assignments. Uses prescribed guidelines or policies to analyze and resolve problems. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.