JumpRecruits is partnering with SodexoMAGIC looking for an Area Executive Chef in East Point, GA.
Sodexo’s Airport Lounge Segment is seeking an Area Executive Chef to support the Culinary Operations for a prestigious airline’s club/lounge portfolio of business at Hartsfield Jackson International Airport. In this role you will provide culinary oversight and support to 7 airport club/lounges and their teams within the airport. You will be directly responsible for culinary training, menu development support, culinary standards, unit manager culinary training/mentoring within units and HACCP compliance for these clubs, which feature hot and cold buffet-style food service offerings to their elite guests.
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Training and mentoring kitchen brigades- teams;
- Culinary management experience within hotels, upscale restaurants or corporate contract dining settings;
- Cost controls;
- Recipe compliance, culinary standards and a will possess a vast culinary range.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- A strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- Strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- A passion for food and innovation.
This position provides culinary support to unit (s) in terms of cross unit culinary expertise, sales presentation support, bench strength to District/Area. Position supports a large area, as well as large culinary needs – i.e. large catering functions; This job also supports training – training and development of frontline and new culinary exempt hires, menu development, culinary development of the programs/platforms. Financial plate costing; food management systems – FMS training and management; compliance product and vendor compliance.
Travel capabilities, setting up systems, assist in recruitment – frontline and management; maintain and set standards; financial knowledge – plate cost, cost of sales, product management, P&L, Inventories.
- Menu development; Culinary planning; Culinary production; Recipe development;
- Plate costing; Inventory management, FMS (implementation and training)
- Training – food safety / FMS / Standards
- Staffing support – recruiting, selection of chefs, development
- Computer capabilities – culinary systems knowledge and expertise – FMS
- Representing company in presentations – sales, new programs, retention, etc.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience – 3 years
- Basic Functional Experience – 3 years
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.