Associate Firmware Engineer
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and modify of C/C++ in Eclipse environment
- Troubleshooting source code and code review
- Investigates and debugs complex system problems and drives engineering solutions to improve or correct product or process issues.
- Contribute to the New Product Introduction (NPI) Designs in developing firmware applications and drivers.
- Participate in product architecture, design, development, and deployment
- Collaborate across functional team in developing firmware for individual modules and instruments
- Bachelor of Science degree with a preferred computer engineering major.
- Knowledge in computer languages (C/C++, embedded Linux, embedded Windows, Python)
- Experience with modern development tools: (Eclipse, Visual Studio, gdb, git, Xilinx Vivado/Vitis.)
- Demonstrated understanding of RTOS, FPGA, CPLD
- Experience with communication interfaces (USB, Ethernet, RS232, SPI, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of good software design practices, revision control, understanding of design for manufacturing, design for test, and design for reliability
Job Performance Characteristics:
- Positive attitude, high energy, leadership, project management and troubleshooting skills
- Hands on engineer with good communication (written and oral) skills
- Self-initiates courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Accountable for developing innovative solutions to complex business challenges and ability to deliver on time and on budget
- Demonstrates effective technical/ project presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.