Associate HR Business Partner
We are looking for an individual with drive, passion, and competitive spirit to help maximize PerkinElmer’s people’s success. Your primary focus will be supporting client groups within our Service Organization spread across the USA, Canada and Puerto Rico. As business needs change, additional client groups may be added over time. Your drive, motivation and interpersonal skills will be key elements to your success.
The HR Generalist is a key member of the HR team supporting specific projects and providing operational, analytical, compliance and tactical services. The HR Generalist will provide support to managers, individual contributors, and other entities. The scope of this role spans a broad range of work, including but not limited to talent management, workforce planning, compliance, organization structure, employee engagement and development, total rewards, and employee relations.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides guidance on complex employee relations matters including but not limited to: corrective action, coaching, flexible work arrangement, feedback and performance management.
- Advises on HR policy and practices; Influences by building positive working relationships and partnerships.
- Supports managers in partnership with Talent Acquisition on the recruitment of talent including equity and compensation reviews to help ensure fair pay within the organization
- Provides reporting and analytics to support workforce planning, attrition, new hire analytics, and supporting reports related to business needs.
- Manages annual programs to include scheduling, execution, follow-up and employee support for compensation planning, performance reviews, etc.
- Supports job description development, job leveling and evaluation.
- Facilitates voluntary exits, involuntary separations and stay interviews.
- Assists colleagues, employees and managers as needed with the administration of leave of absences including FMLA, ADA and the interactive dialogue process.
- Partners with management to drive succession plans and developing internal talent
- Ability to work in a changing, complex and global environments
- Participates in employee engagement initiatives
- Document SOPs as needed and maintains the HR SharePoint up to date for Services
- Perform other related duties as assigned or needed
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or equivalent type of degree.
- 2+ years of progressive HR experience with a solid understanding of employment laws, employee relations and employee engagement
- Must be able to travel as business requires – approximately 5%
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
- Workday HR system knowledge or prior experience working with HRIS systems
- Program management experience is strongly desired
- Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Professional demeanor and team player
- Workday HR system knowledge; prior experience working with HRIS systems
- Effective presentation skills; Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of employment laws, employee relations and employee engagement
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible and adaptable to competing priorities
- Excellent project management skills, prioritization and creative problem solving
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills
- Strong business acumen and understanding of important drivers for the business
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to challenge stakeholder
- Strong collaboration skills, will partner with COEs and broader HR team
- Must be able to travel as business requires
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Learn About Our Corporate Capabilities
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.