Biomedical Equipment Technician 1
The main responsibilities of the Biomedical Equipment Technician I will be to ensure all related biomedical equipment is maintained in a quality and timely manner. The ideal candidate will have outstanding customer service and communications skills, as well as strong technical skills and a commitment to deliver excellent repair services in an expedient manner.
The ideal Biomedical Equipment Technician I candidate should have:
- a minimum of 1 years’ of experience repairing, maintaining and calibrating medical devices independently and/or academic training that is comparable
- experience in a hospital or healthcare setting
- an Associates Degree in Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Technology and/or related field experience utilizing Phillips Monitoring Systems is highly preferred
- the ability to make decisions regarding troubleshooting and repairing medical devices
- excellent communication, customer service and time management skills
- the ability to work on-site in Sayre, PA
Troubleshoots, inspects, repairs, maintains and calibrates a basic range of clinical equipment, devices, systems and instruments.
- Inspect, maintain, repair and calibrate equipment and systems
- Provides advanced support of equipment for direct patient care
- Interacts on a routine basis with clinical health providers in the identification of technology based problems and solutions
- Solves organization-level customer service issues and complaints
- Preparing required documentation and reports
- Ensures regulatory compliance
- Financial responsibility for purchasing parts and service
- Demonstrates a safety mindset
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in electronic, biomedical engineering or a discipline geared toward managing maintaining and repairing clinical equipment within a healthcare environment and/or equivalent of military BMET program and/or AAMI certified
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.