Sodexo is seeking a Catering Manager Il for our client Toyota Motor Manufacturing, located in Georgetown KY.
The successful candidate will:
- work with client to plan and cost menus and generate the BEOs (banquet event orders) for all events;
- manage all catered events from simple breakfast and lunch set-ups and deliveries to high-end, seated, plated and coursed lunches and dinners;
- motivate, coach, mentor and develop frontline (hourly-paid), staff who are dedicated to the catering department;
- have high-end executive presence;
- increase catering sales using innovation, marketing and promotions;
- assist in other areas of the food service operation when catering business is slower; and/or
- track all catered events in the CaterTrax software system, which will encompass ordering and invoicing.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- demonstrated knowledge of catering and catering logistics, casual and fine dining, and banquet management;
- excellent event execution/planning skills, and is visionary regarding food presentation;
- excellent client/customer, guest, and employee relations skills as well as stellar verbal and written communication skills;
- the ability to work independently and collaboratively with managers, to execute the daily operational goals of the catering department through direct supervision of non-exempt/hourly employees, including hiring, orientating, scheduling, training, and developing employees;
- excellent time management skills and the drive to get the job done with excellence in a timely manner;
- the foresight to anticipate problems that may affect customer experience and financial outcomes and the flexibility to quickly correct them with little or no impact to customer relations or the operation.
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – High School Diploma or GED
- Basic Management Experience – 1 year
Employing over 6,500 people nationwide, SodexoMAGIC is a strategic partnership established for the creation of opportunities to provide food, housekeeping, facilities management, and related services that focus on three pillars.
- Food: We leverage the support of our renowned culinary experts and suppliers to offer innovative concepts, delicious items, and unique dishes geared toward our communities.
- Wellness: Not only do we focus on mindful culinary offers, but we also deliver programs with the goal of maintaining a balanced lifestyle, learning our bodies and staying fit both mentally and physically.
- Community: As we are the communities we serve, we find it most important to truly understand those we interact with daily. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we remain dedicated to the needs of those who make us who we are.
SodexoMAGIC is a joint venture formed in 2006, between Magic Johnson Enterprises, LLC and Sodexo. Mr. Johnson holds a 51% stake in the company and serves as Chairman, qualifying SodexoMAGIC as a NMSDC-certified Minority Owned Business.