Catering Manager 2
Join a team that embraces your love for working with people, mentoring them as they achieve personal and professional goals.
Sodexo is seeking a Catering Manager 2 for Lehigh University located in Bethlehem, PA. Lehigh University has been the home for Sodexo for over 75 years, and continues to grow their catering events and department. This Catering Manager will join a long tenured team to help with major events on and off campus. The ideal candidate will have experience with client interaction and experience in catering a multitude of events and capacity.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who can:
- identify internal/external customer needs and expectations;
- ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met;
- educate and develop rapport with internal/external customers and promote partnerships;
- promote a customer/client centered culture that strives to exceed customer and client needs; and
- coordinate all unit catering initiatives to drive sales growth and track results.
Your success will be measured by your ability to:
- maintain and improve service level resulting in increased customer satisfaction;
- ensure all HAACP standards are followed; and
- demonstrate resourcefulness and quick responsiveness to client and customer requests.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Solid organizational skills
- Excellent leadership/team building skills
- The ability to handle catering at all levels from students to executives
- Professional demeanor is required
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance everyday.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate’s education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate’s specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands-on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with clients and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience – 1 year
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.