The Chef Manager will have day to day responsibility for Catering and the Simply-to-Go offering in Philadelphia. The Chef Manager may be required to help with catering at the Exton Campus. This position may require the use of a personal vehicle to travel between Cost Centers and for picking up products from local vendors.
The successful candidate will:
- assist with all retail and catering;
- help maintain chef/manager schedules; cover chefs/manager schedule as needed;
- assist with implementing culinary systems and procedures;
- monitor, audit, implement and standardize new menus;
- oversee all Food and Physical Safety and annual training for all hourly associates;
- improve and standardize catering and banquet services, create menus based on client needs;
- implement innovative and fresh ideas in retail, catering; and/or
- create interpersonal relationships with clients in hospitals.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills;
- supervisory experience in a culinary environment;
- the ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- the ability to creatively and effectively problem-solve and manage projects;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills; and/or
- working knowledge of HACCP
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate’s education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate’s specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location.
- Executes the culinary function.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Handles administrative functions.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience – 1 year
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.