Construction Project Manager
Sodexo is seeking a Construction Project Manager to join Sodexo’s team. This is a virtual position that will primarily handle a portfolio of projects in all regions of the United States. Sodexo Project Managers are very similar to that of an “Owner’s Representative”.
The ideal candidates will reside near a major international airport within the US. Sodexo is one of the largest and most progressive and most well-respected companies in the world. We are seeking highly qualified, energetic and successful professionals for this position.
Travel up to 50%
We are looking for someone with broad experience managing large to small value projects that are often complex in terms of delivery and a professional who is adept at managing the client relationship. Project Managers typically work under the direction of a Senior Project Manager. Project Managers manage a portfolio of projects within their area of responsibility. This will include actual execution of the project and may involve pre-construction planning with stakeholders, designers, consultants, clients and other project team members. He or she will develop assignments, timetables and responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project. Organizes and directs construction personnel and ensures that materials and equipment resources are delivered on time. Interacts with planning commissions and governing bodies. Coordinates costing estimation and is directly involved in the day-to-day operations of the project. Works with professional employees and supervises large, complex technical or business support or production operations team(s). Adapts plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plans. Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and the client.
Key qualifications include the following:
- Primary project leader for execution teams on assigned projects.
- Develops project schedules and executes according to plan for assigned projects.
- Communicates positive and realistic expectations to the project team and client.
- Holds self and others accountable for meeting key project metrics.
- Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and / or scheduling changes. Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Performs associated cost estimates, prepares proposals and negotiates final settlement price and customer acceptance.
- Acts within contract Terms and Conditions.
- Effectively communicates project progress, issues and financial status to management as required.
- Manages risks and executes project recovery plans when required. Resolves disputes with minimal need for escalation.
- Ensures project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements and ADP standards.
- Oversees project construction for compliance with specifications, local codes and installation techniques.
- Manages the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with consultants, prime contractors and subcontractors.
- Attends and leads job progress meetings as required.
- Ensures subcontractors understand expectations of the project.
- Coordinates with his or her director or Senior Project Manager for allocation of resources needed to meet project objectives.
- Ensures any engineering and commissioning performed by the field team is in accordance with established standards.
- Develops cost estimates and sub-contractor scope documents and solicitations for bids.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (or Associates degree with relevant experience)
- Construction/project management experience with new construction, renovations, infrastructure and working in critical environments is preferred.
- Construction/project management working in projects that are adjacent to concurrent operations is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of direct project management experience in the Building Construction Industry
- Experience managing MEP projects is a plus.
- Demonstrating a high level of verbal and written communication skills is a must.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-
- technical audience.
- Proficient in Project Management software, and financial accounting systems.
- Advanced working knowledge of project scheduling and documentation techniques and processes.
- Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Adobe Writer, Visio and basic Windows environment).
The salary range for this position is $70,000-$90,000 + based on experience and geography.
Facilities Construction Project Management. Leads or coordinates construction projects, such as developing a new facility, the addition, expansion, or extension of an existing facility, or renovation/alterations to a facility in collaboration with project team, construction site and management. Develops assignments, timetables and responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project. Organizes and directs construction personnel, and ensures that materials and equipment resources are delivered on time.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 3 years
Basic Functional Experience – 3 years
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.