Customer Service Engineer
PerkinElmer is seeking a Customer Support Engineer to be based in Cambridge, MA who will help our customers enhance the productivity of their laboratory processes and drive high levels of customer satisfaction by providing expert service and support to customers within the assigned geographic area. Will suggests and deliver services and support which includes direct installation, maintenance and repair of multi vendor products-HPLC’s, LCMS, UPLC, UV Detectors, validation services, IQ/OQ and service entitlements. Will represent the face of PerkinElmer to the customer and drives best-in-class customer service, responsiveness and professionalism in all customer interactions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, maintain, verify performance and repair PerkinElmer equipment at customer sites ensuring best-in-class service within established time frame and assigned geographical area.
- Working on multi-vendor equipment.
- Drive toward zero service recalls.
- Drive to understand analytical workflow and applications.
- Provide scheduled preventative maintenance for contract customers, remedial maintenance for non-contract customers billed at an hourly rate and all warranty services which apply to our products in the field.
- Complete assigned preventive maintenance calls at customer sites within prescribed time frame and established performance standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to the installation, warranty, and service agreement provisions to provide adequate billing information to the customer.
- Drive the sale of new service agreements, service agreement upgrades and instrument add-ons to existing contracts.
- Encourage customers to purchase training, support, software, laboratory services products and field installed computer hardware upgrades.
- Assist and support local sales representatives secure new instrument orders.
- Contribute to account profitability through billable labor/travel orders, parts orders, support orders, billable install orders, and consumables.
- Provide appropriate referral to other employees for answers to specific questions or to obtain product information.
- Maintain up to date electronic and repair documentation for dispatch, inventory and service support functions of the job.
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of the service system.
- Accountable for assigned company assets to include: Company vehicle, tools, test equipment, telecommunication equipment, personal service parts inventory, etc.
- Manage inventory levels to ensure that adequate supply and appropriate records are maintained.
- Take an active role in developing technical skills and soft skills to maintain and enhance PerkinElmer’s value proposition to the customer
- Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development initiatives.
- Complete all administrative tasks to include but not limited to time reporting, LMS trainings, etc.
- Ability to travel by air, vehicle and/or other means of transportation as business requires.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must safely operate a motor vehicle at all times.
- Associate Degree or Technical Degree in Applied Science, Biology, Chemistry, Electronics, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline including military experience in troubleshooting, repairing, and providing qualification services.
- 2 plus years of troubleshooting, repairing, and providing qualification services.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Biology, Chemistry, Applied Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- 2 plus years experience working on LC as well as multi-vendor.
- HPLC expertise, including experience troubleshooting Agilent, Waters, and Cytiva.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, repair, and provide qualification services
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong team player with customer satisfaction focus.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customer’s site safety code.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals, work under time constraints, maintain alertness and concentration, work safely with potential electrical, chemical, radiologic, and biologic hazards using universal precautions.
- Additionally the ability to operate personal computers to enter data and generate reports, and communicate clearly and effectively with customers, peers, managers and other technical support professionals are critical to successful performance in this role.
- Certification of company training on equipment in one or more major disciplines.
- Paid Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Amazing corporate culture that is collaborative and diverse
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.