Customer Service Representative
What does science and service mean to you? For our Customer Service Team, it is a chance to be a part of legendary discoveries – from research to cure. Our team recognizes that with each customer served and each order processed, we are making a difference. Being a part of BioLegend’s Customer Service Team means being at the forefront, showcasing legendary service and translating our iACT culture into tangible results for our customers.
On our team, you can expect a dynamic and fast-paced atmosphere. You will be a part of an inclusive and collaborative environment where peers from all different walks of life come together with one common goal – providing our customers with Legendary service. At BioLegend, you will enjoy the perks of a state-of-the-art campus including outdoor yoga classes, fitness center, wellness rooms, a Café with a variety of hot and cold meals, a buffet, and more!
The Performance Team within Customer Service is looking for a motivated, innovative, and energetic individual looking for a career change. With a mindset of always being open to improvement, we are looking for someone to perform these job duties and who looks at how we can improve them.
- Be an agent of change – updating user guides, problem-solving and implementing process improvements
- Enter and accurately process 85% of the department’s daily domestic orders into our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) database system, checking product lot information, product availability, and any customer specifications on fulfillment
- Provide exceptional service to customers over the phone and via email to address non-technical inquiries regarding delivery information of current and previous shipments, the status of their orders, invoices and resolve any issues that may arise
- Participate in our daily department meetings, owning metrics and providing thoughtful insight and solutions to challenges
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be required.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Minimum of one-year applicable Customer Service experience
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of MS Office programs
- Proven excellent verbal/written communication
- A desire to enact change and strive for innovation
- Strong attention to detail – accuracy is essential
- Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of de-escalating customer issues with sympathy and empathy
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) systems
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship (CRM) systems
- Experience entering high volume of data or orders (100-150 daily)
- Experience with EDI order processing
- Proficiency with 10-key
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work at BioLegend in San Diego, California is $20 to $23/hour. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to: the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. BioLegend is a multi-state employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting. Occasional exposure to a laboratory and warehouse environment.
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.