Customer Support Engineer - Re-allocation
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, maintain and repair PerkinElmer and/or multi vendor equipment at customer sites ensuring best-in-class service within established time frame and assigned geographical area
- Drive toward zero service recalls
- Provide repairs and scheduled maintenance for contract customers, corrective service for non-contract customers (billed at an hourly rate) and warranty services which apply to our products in the field
- Deliver customer training for instrument operation and user maintenance, one on one or in smaller group sessions
- Drive to understand customer’s analytical workflow and applications
- Complete assigned preventive maintenance calls at customer sites within prescribed time frame and established performance standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to the installation, warranty, and service agreement provisions to provide adequate billing information to the customer
- Drive the sale of new service agreements, service agreement upgrades and instrument add-ons to existing contracts
- Encourage customers to purchase training, support, software, laboratory services products and field installed computer hardware upgrades
- Assist and support local sales representative to help secure new instrument orders
- Contribute to account profitability by generating revenue and controlling the cost of service through billable labor/travel orders, parts orders, support orders, billable install orders, and consumables
- Develop organization awareness of other functional groups and product lines to direct customers or others to appropriate resources
- Maintain updated documentation around dispatch, inventory and service support functions of the job
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of service system(s)
- Accountable for assigned company assets to include: Company vehicle, tools, test equipment (MTE), telecommunication equipment, assigned service parts inventory, etc.
- Manage appropriate levels of inventory to ensure adequate supply and records are maintained
- Proactively develop technical and soft skills to maintain and enhance PerkinElmer’s value proposition to the customer
- Enhance PerkinElmer’s product quality by proactively reporting improvement opportunities via the quality notification process
- Display exceptional written and verbal communication skills and actively interface with peers and customers
- Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development offerings
- Complete all administrative tasks to include but not limited to time reporting, LMS training, etc.
- Ability to travel by air, vehicle and/or other means of transportation as business requires
- Must have a valid driver’s license; While performing the duties of this job, the employee must safely operate a motor vehicle at all times
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Science, Biology, Chemistry, Electronics, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline including military experience and 2 years of experience in troubleshooting, repair, and in providing qualification services
- Associate degree and 4 years of experience in troubleshooting, repair, and in providing qualification services.
- High School Diploma and 6 years of experience in troubleshooting, repair, and in providing qualification services
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience using Microsoft 365
- 2+ years of laboratory and/or field service experience
- Exposure to analytical equipment and/or laboratory environment
- Certification on relevant laboratory equipment
- Travel up to 75% of the time – Some overnight
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customer’s site safety code
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong team player with customer satisfaction focus
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals, work under time constraints, maintain alertness and concentration, work safely with potential electrical, chemical, radiologic, and biologic hazards using universal precautions
- Ability to operate personal computer to enter data and generate reports, ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, managers, customers and other technical support professionals is critical to successful performance in this role
- The physical demands defined are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: The employee will regularly be required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Learn About Our Corporate Capabilities
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.