The Analytic Consulting Group partners with both internal and external clients, and data providers, leveraging various analytics to drive strategic thought and effective decision making. The Data Analyst is responsible for conducting data analyses using SAS/SQL and other tools in support of a variety of analytic solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with internal/external stakeholders to manage data logistics – including data specifications, transfers, structures, and rules
- Access and extract data from a variety of sources of all sizes (including client marketing databases) via SAS, SQL, etc.
- Master and perform all steps required to create analysis-ready datasets; including data integration/merging, variable preparation, and quality control (QA/QC)
- Develop and execute SAS/SQL (or related) programs with detailed direction and supervision
- Provide problem solving and data analysis, derived from programming experience
- Demonstrate proficiency with desktop toolsets (such as SAS, SQL, Python, Tableau, MS Office) to create report content such as tables, reports, graphs, etc.
- Document and articulate steps taken in an analysis to project managers
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on the databases and analyses
- Follow all policies and procedures for programming, project documentation, and system management
- Become familiar with…
- various statistical offerings and methods (CHAID, logistic/multiple regression, cluster analysis, factor analysis)
- Epsilon data assets
- SAS macros
- Participate in the design, planning & execution of projects
- Effectively manage time and resources in order to deliver on time / correctly on a limited number (1-4) of concurrent projects
- Proactively communicate with supervisor regarding workload and the status of assignments
- Prepare basic report content (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau) in support of deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Marketing Analytics) or significant relevant coursework
- 0 – 2 years of professional experience in the analytics field
- Demonstrated proficiency in SAS/SQL (or Python/R) programming; minimum 2 years of experience
- Strong analytic thought process and ability to interpret findings
- Acute attention to detail (QA/QC)
- Working knowledge of MS Office; including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work on multiple assignments concurrently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Advanced degree (Master’s/PhD) in Statistics, Economics or other quantitative discipline
- Experience working with business intelligence tools such as Tableau and MS Power BI
- Database marketing experience/knowledge
- Ability to program in languages such as R and Python
- Working knowledge of Hadoop and other big data technologies
- Basic understanding of digital marketing (Paid Search, Social, display, etc.) as well as digital marketing analytics tools such as Google/Adobe Analytics
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.