Epsilon Data Management, LLCApply
The Analytic Consulting Group partners with both internal and external clients, and data providers, leveraging various analytics to drive strategic thought and effective decision-making. The Data Analyst is responsible for conducting data analyses using SAS/SQL and other tools in support of a variety of analytic solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with internal/external stakeholders to manage data logistics – including data specifications, transfers, structures, and rules
- Access and extract data from a variety of sources of all sizes (including client marketing databases) via SAS Access, SQL, etc.
- Master and perform all steps required to create analysis-ready data sets; including data integration/merging (SAS data step), variable preparation, and quality control (QA/QC)
- Develop and execute SAS/SQL (or related) programs with detailed direction and supervision
- Provide problem-solving and data analysis, derived from programming experience
- Demonstrate proficiency with desktop and UNIX toolsets (SAS, SAS ODS, SQL, MS Office) to create pivot tables and/or report content such as tables, reports, graphs, etc. (some positions require proficiency in digital analytic tools including Google and/or Adobe Analytics and familiarity with digital data, in addition to or in lieu of SAS/SQL)
- Document and articulate steps are taken in analysis to project managers
- Answer questions about data sets and analyses
- Follow all policies and procedures for programming, project documentation, and system management
- Become familiar with…
- all offerings outlined in the Insider’s Guide to ACG
- various statistical offerings and methods (CHAID, logistic/multiple regression, cluster analysis, factor analysis)
- Epsilon data assets
- the SAS macro library
- Participate in the design, planning & execution of projects
- Effectively manage time and resources in order to deliver on time / correctly on a limited number (1-4) of concurrent projects
- Proactively communicate with supervisor regarding workload and the status of assignments
- Prepare basic report content (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) in support of deliverables
- Perform two tasks related to the role of Sr. Data Analyst during the year
- Day-to-day management of internal clients for select lines of business
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Marketing Analytics) or significant relevant coursework
- 1-2 years of experience in the marketing analytics field
- Some positions require a minimum of 1 year of experience conducting digital analytics
- Demonstrated proficiency in SAS/SQL programming; minimum 2 years of experience
- Strong analytic thought process and ability to interpret findings
- Acute attention to detail (QA/QC)
- Working knowledge of MS Office; including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work on multiple assignments concurrently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Advanced degree (Master’s/PhD) in Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative disciplines
- Database marketing experience/knowledge
- Ability to program in newer and emerging languages such as R and Python; working knowledge of Hadoop and other big data technologies
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.