Data Center Technician 2
Epsilon Data Management, LLCApply
Provide operational support for systems hardware, peripherals and infrastructure within Epsilon data centers and related facilities. Identifies, isolates, and resolves problems. Work in conjunction with the technical support staff to implement immediate resolutions to more critical problems. Manage Data Center Management ticket queues to process change requests through the tracking systems.
This position is located in Elk Grove Village, IL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Maintain documentation of infrastructure inventory, rack elevation, cross connects and circuit audits.
- Responsible for rack and stack, troubleshooting, and decommissioning of servers and other types of equipment per Data Center standards.
- Responsible for the installation, troubleshooting, and decommissioning of all copper and fiber cabling, patching, and customer cross connects.
- Perform and execute installation projects.
- Provide onsite support of critical Data Center infrastructure equipment (ie: Generator, UPS, PDU, ATS, Fire detection/suppression, CRAC units, HVAC, power, etc.)
- When required, escalate events in a timely manner to the appropriate team according to proper procedures.
- Assist with shipping and receiving duties including validation, tracking, and scheduling of equipment moves from site to site during normal business hours and after hours.
- Assist with physical security to monitor and control access to the Data Center.
- Monitor and support facilities for power, cooling, redundancy, and other capacity requirements.
- Configuration Management for Data Center work.
- Escorting contractors or vendors for system repairs.
- Maintain the necessary operational excellence in the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) service delivery processes and framework.
- Labeling all devices and cables per standards.
- Organize and manage hardware repairs.
- Asset management.
- Perform basic support concepts such as ticketing systems, root cause analysis, and task prioritization.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of critical systems infrastructure equipment in a high availability data center.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Willing to work on-call rotations with own transportation.
- An ideal candidate knows how to innovate and make decisions on his/her own, but also knows how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved.
- The position has a physical component requiring the ability to lift up to 75 lbs. and may require working in cramped spaces or elevated locations.
- The responsibilities of this job extend beyond day-to-day Data Center operations to include: process improvements, peer training and projects worked in conjunction with other groups inside epsilon.
- Epsilon Data Centers are 24x7x365 environments. All interested candidates must be willing to work the occasional nights and weekends, around maintenance windows, and participate in an on-call support rotation.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work in a high paced environment with limited to no supervision.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and AutoCAD is a plus.
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.