Data Visualization Intern (PhD) – Summer ‘23
Epsilon Data Management, LLCApply
Epsilon is seeking a Data Visualization Intern! As a Visual Analytics Intern, you will be at the leading edge for creating innovative visualization systems that demonstrate the business value of Epsilon’s digital marketing platform directly to our internal analysts, customers and stakeholders. Our visualization challenges span hundreds of millions of detailed profiles across hundreds of millions of websites and apps tied together by sophisticated real-time analytics that make near instantaneous decisions on messaging to those profiles billions of times a day. This provides an incredibly rich environment of business questions and answers that are hidden within petabytes of data. You will be a key team member creating effective visualization tools that use the data to answer those questions in an engaging, intuitive and informative manner.
Responsibilities May Include (All or Some) Tasks Below:
- Develop a basic understanding of digital marketing and Epsilon’s personalization platform
- Use your visualization expertise to research and recommend the best approaches to solving one of our technology and business problems
- Implement and validate your solution
- Work with other teams to integrate your solution into Epsilon’s production systems
- Document and present your approach
Qualifications: (the ideal candidate will have some combination of skills and experience from the list below)
- Required: PhD level candidates, with significant course, research and/or commercial experience in data visualization and/or visual analytics
- Solid foundational understanding and experience with data visualization principles and tools
- Be a supportive and positive contributor in a highly collaborative team with shared and overlapping responsibilities
- Practical real-world UX/UI experience
- Experience with data science, clustering and machine learning
- Experienced with one of D3.js, WebGL, or Three.js. As an alternative, Expert level Tableau skills with a portfolio of advanced charting will be considered
- Experience with statistics and big data analytics techniques
- Experience with Node.js and/or React
- Experience with Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Elastic Search, NoSQL, SQL)
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.