Director, Construction Management
Are you looking for a new rewarding role? Do you have experience working in a manufacturing or pharmaceutical environment? If you answered YES to all these questions, this role is for you!
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Construction Project Director for a global pharmaceutical client in Rahway, NJ. As the North America Project Director, you will be part of a dedicated account team with a responsibility to deliver and grow a large portfolio of projects. An average of $100M capital budget with over 400 active projects will be an annual project delivery volume. Keeping a close relationship with key clients and demonstrating senior leadership experience in a small or medium-sized business, including a proven record of delivering a fast-paced portfolio of facilities projects. Exceptional communication skills and a track record of communicating complex messages to a wider variety of people. Strong commercial acumen, and business skills, with a competitive desire to hit and exceed the corporate financial goal and performance targets. Keen emotional intelligence skills with an ability to empathize with various personality types and mentor all levels of people. MUST have exceptional facilities project management experience. This role will report directly to the VP of Account Director to support his vision for the account.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Construction Project Director with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Manage an active and concurrent pipeline of projects and revolving strategic projects spanning operations management, HR/Recruiting, team engagement/culture, and other functions
- Become a trusted advisor to our clients, acting as the eyes and ears of the project, demonstrating the ability to think ahead and anticipate the client’s needs to complete projects on time and on budget
- Regularly monitor client satisfaction levels, consider feedback carefully, and coordinate appropriate action to ensure the client feels heard, supported, and reassured that the project is on track
- Provide supervision, leadership, mentoring, technical guidance, and coaching to project managers and safety project managers. Counsel and support employees on career development. Successfully recruit and onboard new employees. Complete annual performance review and oversee any performance-related issues of team members.
- Manage adherence to a financial plan, fee allocation, and budget. Ensure allocation of proper resources to preserve account profitability. Provide accurate spending forecasts for capital and expense projects.
- Assemble and manage required teams of consultants and contractors. Negotiate contracts with each team member. Interface with architects, client staff, facility and construction managers, and vendors.
- Define vendor strategies, evaluate, and make recommendations on the vendor proposals as per specifications from the client.
- Develop programs, techniques and policies, and procedures for efficient and profitable operations.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Must be 21 years old
- Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction, or Project Management field
- 15+ years of client-facing project management experience required
- 5-7 years of construction management in facilities required
- 7-10 years in a leadership role managing a large team of diverse skillsets required
- Knowledge of and competency in project management processes, including planning, time management, financial management, quality management, risk management, monitoring, reporting, documenting, and record keeping
- Proven ability to manage internal and external client expectations related to requirements
- Strong multi-tasking skills. Able to prioritize job requirements and effectively manage multiple projects in tandem
- Highly organized, self-directed business style with a strong ability to prioritize
- Flexible and adaptable with demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong ability to use technology to demonstrate and promote programs
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with project management software (MS Project, Smartsheet or similar solution)
- Ability to lead tasks to successful outcomes
- Talent for removing barriers through influence, persistence, and boldness
- Gift for inspiring others to think positively, be creative, and focus on what’s possible
- Able to remain steady and pragmatic amid trials
- A high level of personal and professional accountability (“100% accountability, zero excuses”)
- A strong desire to succeed
- Stamina to navigate through a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Positive, energetic, and enthusiastic
- PMP Certification
- Experienced Smartsheet user
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation, including education, corporate services, health care, and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenges, and tremendous growth opportunities.
Sodexo is committed to providing working conditions and client services that are safe and healthy and will follow all applicable
COVID-19 prevention measures, including state/local or client-mandated mask, testing, and/or vaccine requirements.
You will be required to have the COVID-19 vaccine to work at this location.
Technical Job-Specific Expertise (Required)
This position leads a portion of the Construction Project Management team. This support department within the Service Operations team will support infrastructure renewal projects, capital improvement projects, energy projects, and construction management capabilities across Sodexo’s North America Business units. This position will oversee the support of each component of the Construction Initiative including but not limited to Market requirements, education, customer liaison, defining and developing solutions, and continuous improvement. Contributes to driving business development and retention objectives across all business units via offer, technical capability, service excellence and education to internal and external clients and customers.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience – 7 years in construction or related field
Basic Management Experience – 7 years supervisory experience
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.